Just ordered a pair of monoblock amps

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
They are obviously highly rated and am sure are great sounding.. .what else would a Graham Slee fanboy choose :)

Can you audition them like you can the phono preamps?, I'll guess you must be able to.

Like you, I like to support a "cottage industry" in which I have complete confidence. These I have ordered on trust with no home loan, thought I have heard them at a demo and in someone else's system powering some PMC Fact 8s. I know I won't be disappointed. Yes, they are available through the home loaner scheme.

ifor said:
Al ears said:
They are obviously highly rated and am sure are great sounding.. .what else would a Graham Slee fanboy choose :)

Can you audition them like you can the phono preamps?, I'll guess you must be able to.

Like you, I like to support a "cottage industry" in which I have complete confidence. These I have ordered on trust with no home loan, thought I have heard them at a demo and in someone else's system powering some PMC Fact 8s. I know I won't be disappointed. Yes, they are available through the home loaner scheme.

Excellent. Mr. Slee deserves to sell many by all accounts.

What do you use as a pre-amp for them?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
That must be a very nice and compact system.

The only thing missing will be a switch to go between my two TTs and the phonostage to feed the single analogue input of the Majestic. I have got a Rek- O-Cut switch which worked well for a while, but now, I don't know why, is only good at line level. So, I built a Slee DAK Genera so that I have a phonostage for each TT before the switch. The Genera is good, but it's not a Reflex. I've tried to persuade Graham to make me a switch, but he's not keen. Dodocus has been recommended. http://www.dodocus.de

ifor said:
Al ears said:
That must be a very nice and compact system.

The only thing missing will be a switch to go between my two TTs and the phonostage to feed the single analogue input of the Majestic. I have got a Rek- O-Cut switch which worked well for a while, but now, I don't know why, is only good at line level. So, I built a Slee DAK Genera so that I have a phonostage for each TT before the switch. The Genera is good, but it's not a Reflex. I've tried to persuade Graham to make me a switch, but he's not keen. Dodocus has been recommended. http://www.dodocus.de

As a chap who doesn't like too many components in the line I'd simply be getting around the back and plugging in whichever pair of phono input leads were required... :)

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Nice. Let us know how you get on with them please

... out with the Roksan Kandy LIII and in with a pair of Graham Slee Proprii. From the off i’m amazed by how much more detail they reveal with such effortlessness. The bass is so well controlled and agile. I’m going to enjoy these and am looking forward to turning up the volume. My wife’s impressed too so all is good.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
insider9 said:
Great to hear. I'm moving away from L3 also so would enjoy a little bit more detail, please.

... without repeating everybody else’s clichés, which end up making everything sound the same! If you’re interested in finding out what the Proprius pair can do it’s simple enough. Join the Graham Slee forum and you can arrange a no obligation two week home loan whether you’re in the U.K., Europe, North America or Australia. I am using my Proprius monoblocks with a Graham Slee Majestic preamp/DAC, which I have now had for a few months.

There’s a preowned bundle of Majestic plus a Proprius pair on eBay for £1795.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
insider9 said:
I live half hour drive away from where they're being made :) I'll see if I can demo.

If you want a proper listen, outside Graham’s workshop, I could put you in touch with “Phil from Chesterfield” who would more than likely be happy to show his off driving his PMC Fact8s.

insider9

ifor said:
insider9 said:
I live half hour drive away from where they're being made :) I'll see if I can demo.

If you want a proper listen, outside Graham’s workshop, I could put you in touch with “Phil from Chesterfield” who would more than likely be happy to show his off driving his PMC Fact8s.

Thanks. Let me have a read to make sure these would be what I'm looking for. Ideally didn't want to spend over £1k so it would be a stretch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts