Just interested in PQ. Philips 9704 or Sony KDL-46X4500?

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide on a new 40-odd" TV, which is proving pretty difficult as I only wanted to spend £1200.

To get a picture I will be happy with it looks like I will have to spend considerably more. I have now seen the Phillips, which I was quite impressed with, but am wondering about the discontinued sony 46X4500, which on paper has a similar spec with full array zoned LED backlighting at arround the same price - and good reviews.

The Panasonic 42vt20 was another on the shortlist - though I'm not sure if I can be bothered to wait until its out to find out if it's actually any good!

A Pioneer Kuro is a bit out of my price range, and I wouldn't buy a second hand one.

I am only interested in fantastic picture quality in both SD and HD. I have a humax freesat HD-pvr and a B+W 600/Denon 5.1 audio setup. I'll get a blu-ray once I have the tv

Thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have not had the Sony in store at the same time as the Philips but as I remember it there would not be much in it. The Sony was a match for the Kuro with DVD, HD broadcast and SD material with the Pioneer beating it by a whisker with BD . The 9704 is in a similar situation.

The Sony would be my choice on PQ but I would still buy the Philips as it looks much better with very similar performance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts