just gone premium (spotify)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Blimey! Spoilt for choice! Let the castigation commence!
emotion-1.gif

idc

Of the sites I have tried enough to judge the sound quality is Spotify > Grooveshark > We7. Grovveshark initially impressed, but I think it uses 'loudness' which gets tiring after a while.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Anyway, say what you like about Spotify; it's absolutely brilliant for parties. It removes that whole problem areas like:-

1) Exposing your precious CD/album/singles collection to abuse (not to mention the hardware).

2) Loss of the above discs.

3) Friends ferreting through your collection and discovering your guilty secrets.

4) Friends bemoaning the fact that every party should have 'x' played - why isn't it in your collection?

5) You being glued to the hi-fi all night, shepherding discs into and out of it.

And I'm sure there's more.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, ESP, sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. If there is a gap between what should be continuous tracks, I think I'll stick with the free version. That's soooo annoying.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm on Spotify at the mo and it keeps cutting out....waiting to stream the music mid-track. Perhaps Friday night isn't the best time to be using it.

A

Anonymous

PJPro:I'm on Spotify at the mo and it keeps cutting out....waiting to stream the music mid-track. Perhaps Friday night isn't the best time to be using it.

think it all depends on your internet service provider ....

had the same prob about a month ago .... been listening all afternoon/night without any probs .... this month, spotify has been working flawlesly.... I listen to spotify for more than 10 hrs a day

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm with dim_span on this one; for under a tenner a month, I still believe the premium version is good value.

If you have time, you can compile play lists that can be accessed off-line.

I spent part of today checking the WHF thread, 'What are you listening to?' and then typing artistes into Spotify for a taster. Combining these two sources is such a rich vein of musical goodies. Long may it last!

I will, doubtless, spend money on CDs on the strength of this.

TRENDING THREADS