admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How much of an influence do they have on the final sound?

We all know how good Chord Signature speaker Cables are but they are out of my league (pricewise). I have found that I can get 4 Chord Signature Jumpers for £49 which is very reasonable compared to many in the market.

Is it a no no to use another brand speaker cable (cheaper) and use the CS Jumpers?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I got mine for £40 but thats because my other half wanted to get something for me so i settled on those.

TBH; a decent length of speaker cable (preferably the same speaker cable youre using from amp to speakers) would do the same job, IMO!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
£40?!! Eek. Completely pointless, unless you're using the same cable for the main speaker runs imho. I would simply use some short lengths of your proposed speaker cable.

A

Anonymous

Im not sure I completely agree. The point of Jumpers is to replicate the second run of a biwire cable. By buying a better quality single run it must be fairly important to have good jumpers. If I bought an additional metre of single run with banannas and spades, that would probably be more exoensice than £40 anyway.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
TBH I've not experimented with jumpers and have stuck with the brass ones that came with my speakers when I have used them. I'd put some of the £50 towards banana plugs for your second input to the speakers and use a few inches of your existing cable to make jumpers from. I don't see how a few inches of better cable at the end of a few metres of inferior cable will make much difference.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:I got mine for £40 but thats because my other half wanted to get something for me so i settled on those.TBH; a decent length of speaker cable (preferably the same speaker cable youre using from amp to speakers) would do the same job, IMO!

I completely agree. There is no point buying a £40 set of 2 inch jumpers if your main cables aren't up to the job. I'll confess, I own Signature jumpers to compliment my Epic; and I now wish I'd just done a bit of chopping.

A

Anonymous

A thick woolly one makes you warmer whilst listening, black is the best colour in my opinion.

Some prefer cardigans.

I'll get me coat.

(by the way - bi-wire instead - works for me)
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts