Zero latency wireless speakers?

Username Required

BANNED
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I understand that technically there is always latency with wireless speakers. However after a long search I found earphones that "fix" the latency. These are the Soundcore VR P10 earphones. They come with a 2,4Ghz dongle and that's where my knowledge stops but what I do know is that after having tested 20+ sets of earphones that all had irritating out of synch between image and sound when watching a movie or YouTube vid the Soundcore earphones did not. They are perfect. I don't know how they work but work they do.

Now I am looking for the exact same thing but as a speaker instead of earphones. The sync has to be perfect. The latency has to be reduced to zero. So not low latency (I will notice) but zero latency and the speakers have to be wireless. No cables anywhere. The speakers will be connected to a 2023 Asus Laptop running Win 11.

I don't really care for the actual soundquality as I won't be using it to listen to music. I'm also not interested in software that can resync sound and image. I am looking for hardware specifically. It seems hard to find and may not exist at all but I found the earbuds so maybe the speakers exits too.

Are there speakers like this available yet?

Out of curiosity, I looked at the user manual for a popular wireless speaker, the KEF LS50 II Wireless. That said if there’s a latency issue when connected to a TV then use the lip sync settings on the telly. Of course it’s silent about using with a PC!

doifeellucky

Hello,

I understand that technically there is always latency with wireless speakers. However after a long search I found earphones that "fix" the latency. These are the Soundcore VR P10 earphones. They come with a 2,4Ghz dongle and that's where my knowledge stops but what I do know is that after having tested 20+ sets of earphones that all had irritating out of synch between image and sound when watching a movie or YouTube vid the Soundcore earphones did not. They are perfect. I don't know how they work but work they do.

Now I am looking for the exact same thing but as a speaker instead of earphones. The sync has to be perfect. The latency has to be reduced to zero. So not low latency (I will notice) but zero latency and the speakers have to be wireless. No cables anywhere. The speakers will be connected to a 2023 Asus Laptop running Win 11.

I don't really care for the actual soundquality as I won't be using it to listen to music. I'm also not interested in software that can resync sound and image. I am looking for hardware specifically. It seems hard to find and may not exist at all but I found the earbuds so maybe the speakers exits too.

If you’re not bothered by sound quality then why not just use the laptop speakers?

Username Required

BANNED
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
I am not looking for that.

I am looking for speakers that have the automatic functionality to compensate for the latency that comes with a wireless protocol like the earbuds I mentioned.

I am not looking for anything on the player side.

Okay, so telling me that you don't know of such speakers isn't necessary. If someone has a good tip I'd appreciate it. If not, just ignore.
I said nobody on here, not just me.
I am sure if some did exist they may have been mentioned already or you would have found some via a Google search.
And, by the way, this is an open forum so you cannot dictate who posts what.
You can choose to ignore of course....

Reactions: doifeellucky

DCarmi

If you think about how wireless works....
A data packet (audio in this case) is converted to a data stream. The method of encoding will determine the latency. So if you think about latency as a beat where 0 is none and 10 is awful lipsync then when happens is the TV will send the audio to the processor to convert to a codec (data stream). Meanwhile on beat 0 the picture is displayed and on say beat 5 the encoded audio is sent and decoded by the speaker and sound emits on say beat 10.

So if your audio is processed quicker, say on beat 1, then you hear the sound from the speaker on beat 2 with little lkatency and probably unnoticeable lipsync. The VR 10s delay is about 30 milliseconds which is pretty low, if you are using the supplied dongle. You won't notice latency at that level.

How do you get audio processed seemingly simultaneously with the picture? You delay the picture and how would the speaker do this? It can't.

So your options are:
  • Wired speakers, using optical or hdmi (and maybe adjust lipsync on the TV)
  • Adjust lipsynch on the TV if using with slower wireless
  • Use a codec such as aptX Adaptive
If using bluetooth you are limited to whatever codecs your TV supports. The fairly recent aptX Adaptive has a latency of about 80ms, which would be barely noticeable.

Username Required

BANNED
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
The Earbuds work fine and isn't any of those 3 options. I don't know how exactly they work though. If I did or could find out I wouldn't have to ask for help.

I've tried earbuds with AptX. It differs per person apparently but for me it's unacceptable. I need (close to) zero latency, not low latency. Barely noticeable isn't going to cut it.

DCarmi

If you are using the dongle then the earbud latency will be low. You'll find it higher if using bluetooth, which I think will be the AAC codec.

There is a difference between aptX and aptX Adaptive. Codec support and hardware are important factors.

Username Required

BANNED
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
Yes, without the dongle it's terrible, like every other set of earbuds I ever tried.

I'm not sure if I tried aptX as well as aptX Adaptive. I do know that I've tested 10+ sets of earbuds from Amazon and other sources that were advertised as low latency and they all were terrible aside from the Soundcore Earbuds.

I have no knowledge about how this works, the codec stuff and why most of these things suck and only one does the job, I'm just looking for a speaker equivalent of said earbuds.

Hello,

Just buy yourself an analogue amplifier. a pair of long wires. Plug them in and forget about all the digital BS. Most delay comes from the edit suite of the guy producing the video, he removes it for him, but god knows how much his system has, and someone else will have another delay to him, in his system. That's digital....taking in crap, chopping it up into more crap then gluing it back together.

Username Required

BANNED
Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
Just buy yourself an analogue amplifier. a pair of long wires. Plug them in and forget about all the digital BS. Most delay comes from the edit suite of the guy producing the video, he removes it for him, but god knows how much his system has, and someone else will have another delay to him, in his system. That's digital....taking in crap, chopping it up into more crap then gluing it back together.
Please read what I wrote. I'm not interested in alternatives so stop suggesting them. It's a waste of time.

All decent quality equipment has lip sync adjustment built in for this very reason, so just use it as it will not affect the sound in any way.

Bill
BS! my naim doesn't, nore my Garrard 401 or my Decca Grey. I think you went down the rabbit hole and thought the yellow brick road was something to do with streaming! As was said a long time ago If Digital came first, we would all be switching to analogue!

TRENDING THREADS