ITV 1 HD - Picture stuttering !

A

Anonymous

Think it was ITV, my brand new box which I have had no problems was doing this a few minutes ago also.

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
micks_address:this happened while watching dancing on ice over the weekend to on freesat...

thanks for that Mick...it happened to me during Dancing on Ice also didn't want to be the first to admit to watching.....ha ha ha

more seriously......how do you find your TV.....I am seriously considering the 65" Panny 3D VT20B plasma, and just wondered hoe you were finding yours....the main complaint about them seems to be motion handling.....hows the black levels,,,,,is 3d worth it ...

hope you don't mind me quizzing you like this.....thanks

Craig

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
hi craig, i wasnt actually watching it - honestly my wife complained to me about it :)

i really like my 42VT20 but as you are looking at the 65" version I'd seriously recommend you spend a lot of time demoing it before buying. There are niggles with the Vt's that are well documented here and elsewhere such as floating blacks but probably more noticable are the motion artefacts visable when watching 50hz material such as HD football. I dont have a major problem with these on my set but i can see them if i go looking for them. I'd imagine they would be much more apparent on a 65" set.

the black levels are awesome to me (much better than any LCD i've seen).. there are some flucuation depending on what your watching but i can honestly say that 90% of the time i dont ever notice the floating blacks. I havent used the tv much for 3d which is a real shame cause what I have seen looks great. I would say for the best 3d experience from the tv you'd be best watching in a completely dark room..

Good luck with your shopping.. if you are in no rush to buy you might want to hold on till the summer as the VT30s will be around then.. but without reviews/customer experience its going to be hard to know if they are major improvements on the VT20..

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Mick....will be waiting on all the new 2011 models coming out.... just read that very large(21 page) thread about Panny problems with the VT 20s must say is definitely putting me off.......£4K is a lot of money to waste may look more into the top end Sonys("better the devil you know" and all that.....), the new 60" full array LEDs look amazing.....will just have to wait on reviews I suppose, since you can only buy the new Sony HX range in Sony Centres not much chance of getting a side by side demo.....

Oh and it was my wife that drew my attention to the problems with ITV1 HD during DOI also....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts