Is There Really A Need To Add A Dedicated Amplifier To The Pre-Out Of An A/V Receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. If your a/v receiver has pre-outs, will you add a dedicated Hi-Fi amplifier on it? Or will you invest your money on something else like cables and interconnects just to improve stereo sound? I am aware that many are doing this. Are you one of them. Please share your experience on this. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

No, there isn't a real need, unless you want a stereo amp specifically for your music. I had a cd player hooked up straight to my av receiver.

Will you be listening a lot to music?

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:

No, there isn't a real need, unless you want a stereo amp specifically for your music. I had a cd player hooked up straight to my av receiver.

Will you be listening a lot to music?

Thanks ValianTX. Yes. Honestly, even though I have a home cinema set-up I am more inclined to music than movies. I find my Onkyo 806 very good when it comes both movies and music. Do you reckon if I add a dedicated amplifier (e.g. CA 650A or the Marantz PM6003) I will hear a significant improvement when listening to music?

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:Its for music only ~ if you want decent sounding music then a 2 channel amp is a must
Thanks aliEnRIK. What 2 channel budget amp would you recommend to beat my Onkyo 806?

A

Anonymous

If you are happy with your sound from your Onkyo, I don't think there is a particular need to add a stereo amp.

However, it is difficult to judge unless you have something to compare it to. You could try to borrow a stereo amp from a friend or try for a home demo. Or if you don't mind, buy a second hand stereo amp because if it turns out there is no significant difference (to you), then you can sell that and not lose too much money. I don't have particular recommendations though :)

A

Anonymous

Bamboowan:

If you are happy with your sound from your Onkyo, I don't think there is a particular need to add a stereo amp.

However, it is difficult to judge unless you have something to compare it to. You could try to borrow a stereo amp from a friend or try for a home demo. Or if you don't mind, buy a second hand stereo amp because if it turns out there is no significant difference (to you), then you can sell that and not lose too much money. I don't have particular recommendations though :)

Thanks Bamboowan. I think I will ask Richer Sounds if I can demo the Cambridge Audio 650A. It got an excellent review.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts