Is there anything out there now which is a worthwhile upgrade to my Pioneer Kuro KRP-500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My KRP-500 is fantastic but is now showing it's age, particularly in terms of it's physical size for a 50" plasma. So I'm wondering if there is anything out there now that is anywhere near as good in terms of display quality? I've looked through all the reviews, but they all compare with others currently on the market.

D

Deleted member 2457

masterluke said:
My KRP-500 is fantastic but is now showing it's age, particularly in terms of it's physical size for a 50" plasma. So I'm wondering if there is anything out there now that is anywhere near as good in terms of display quality? I've looked through all the reviews, but they all compare with others currently on the market.

I am getting a touch of deja vu.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I would go up to a 55 inch at least of the new Panasonics to at least get a difference in screen size. Quality wise they are about the same. So I would go bigger and I would consider the ST models too.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
No experience myself but I am seeing reports of image retention around the net re the GT50:

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P55GT50?t=reviews

The 3rd reviewer down there on Panaonics shop site appears rather unhappy.

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Think i'm gonna go for the GT50 instead of the VT50, from what i've been researching it looks like you dont' get much more for £500 quid, which i could put to a YSP2200

Gel,

Will i be dissapointed?

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Think i'm gonna go for the GT50 instead of the VT50, from what i've been researching it looks like you dont' get much more for £500 quid, which i could put to a YSP2200

Gel,

Will i be dissapointed?

D

Deleted member 2457

Mickgw said:

Gel,

Will i be dissapointed?

Nope, not at all. TVs don't get much better than this. Jackpot! :cheer: Same black levels, I would buy it again every time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts