Is my freebie QED Micro speaker cable any good for my surround sound setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've just got the Tannoy F1 Mercury 5.1 speaker package which came with QED Micro speaker cable. Is this any good? I will connect the speakers to a Denon 1909. Will I notice a big improvement if I get the QED Silver Anniversary XT cable or some other similarly priced alternative?

As this Micro wire is quite thin, it would be convenient to use for my rear speakers. Would that be a good option, and upgrade the cable for the front+centre?

I'll be mainly using this system for movies rather than listening to music.

Thanks for any advice.

Patrick

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
pj500:
Hello everyone,

I've just got the Tannoy F1 Mercury 5.1 speaker package which came with QED Micro speaker cable. Is this any good? I will connect the speakers to a Denon 1909. Will I notice a big improvement if I get the QED Silver Anniversary XT cable or some other similarly priced alternative?

As this Micro wire is quite thin, it would be convenient to use for my rear speakers. Would that be a good option, and upgrade the cable for the front+centre?

I'll be mainly using this system for movies rather than listening to music.

Thanks for any advice.

Patrick

Yep, use it for the rear speakers - it will be fine and use better stuff for your fronts.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi pj500,

If it helps, I agree with gerrardasnails.

I have the micro on my rear speakers (Q Acoustic 1010i) and more expensive on the centre and fronts. It works just fine.

Hope that helps....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments - very helpful! I'll do just that - use the Micro for the rears and get some Anniversary XT for the fronts and centre. Can't wait to get it set up!

Patrick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts