Is Blu Ray going to make a difference on a tv with 1366 x 768 resloution LCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys i need your help i have a samsung LA32R81B lcd its an hd ready tv with a resolution of 1366 x 768 i want to know will a blu ray for example ps3 make a considerable difference to the picture quality than the normal dvd.I have also a philips HTS 3545/98 connected to my lcd through an HDMI cable which upscale the movie to 1080i.So is the blu ray player worth buying or ot is only for FULL HD lcds only please do help.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'd probably see a slightly more detailed picture, but as your set doesn't, I believe, support the 24fps speed of Blu-ray discs, you could see some judder, too.

Full HD content can look superb on an HD Ready set, and even better than some Full HD TVs - the size and quality of the screen are more important than its resolution in terms of what you'll see on screen.

I'd stick with what you've got for now - when the Blu-ray vs HD DVD battle has settled down and/or HD players get much cheaper you might want to reconsider.

A

Anonymous

Whilst were on this one does the Panasonic TH37 px 60 (2006 pana 37 inch award winner) support 24 fps as im lookin to get the new tosh hd dvd player in this months mag, any compatability issues there. its a minefield when evey thing changes so quick.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bobbys"]Whilst were on this one does the Panasonic TH37 px 60 (2006 pana 37 inch award winner) support 24 fps as im lookin to get the new tosh hd dvd player in this months mag, any compatability issues there. its a minefield when evey thing changes so quick.[/quote]

I don't belive it does support 24fps, i have the same t.v. and i get some judder from my HD DVDs, though to be honest its not a deal breaker for me, i've just watched the new Harry Potter film and the judder was only noticable on the camera panning shots around hogwarts school and the opening shots of the country side, The action sequences don't suffer and no matter what anyone else may say this t.v. does a very good job with HD content, it can be jaw dropping at times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts