jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Just bought myself a new ipod touch. (was going to get iphone but thought would be better to wait for the new 4g iphone possibly in june) Just a couple of questions as I am gettint to grips with it.

1, when I connect to my laptop and play music, I can only get it to come out of the laptop's speakers, but if I play music through the windows media player on the laptop it plays through the external speakers connected to the laptop. So how do I get itunes playing through the external speakers?

2. How do I download pics onto the ipod touch, when plugging the ipod into the the laptop and go into my comp, it does not show the ipod connected there, although when connecting it, it does sync with itunes with no problem.

3. what is jailbreak, is it to get 3rd party software and is it reccomended?

4. just starting to get used to the apps, after buying a couple that didnt work, now make sure read reviews first, can you reccomend any good ones?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jokerpaulonline: 2. How do I download pics onto the ipod touch, when plugging the ipod into the the laptop and go into my comp, it does not show the ipod connected there, although when connecting it, it does sync with itunes with no problem.

This is the only one I can help you on mate. In your settings (can' remember where, I think it was in iTunes), you can set the iPod to take images from a specific file, which you have to denote which file. I set up a specific file which I lablled 'iPhone Pics' so I could find it easily. Whenever you sync the iPod, it'll add any extra images you've put into that file.

Glow Hockey 2! Love that game (air table hockey)
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

jokerpaulonline:1, when I connect to my laptop and play music, I can only get it to come out of the laptop's speakers, but if I play music through the windows media player on the laptop it plays through the external speakers connected to the laptop. So how do I get itunes playing through the external speakers?

When you connect what to your laptop? Your iPod? Or just being sat at the computer?

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:jokerpaulonline:1, when I connect to my laptop and play music, I can only get it to come out of the laptop's speakers, but if I play music through the windows media player on the laptop it plays through the external speakers connected to the laptop. So how do I get itunes playing through the external speakers? When you connect what to your laptop? Your iPod? Or just being sat at the computer?

when i connect the ipod touch to the laptop, it wont play through the external speakers through itunes

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I don't get why you'd want to connect your Touch to the laptop to play music? Surely you have iTunes installed and all your music is held here and this then syncs to the Touch? Why then the need to play direct from the Touch?

On jailbreaking, best advice is not to do it. Basically it's a series of steps you have to do to remove certain controls Apple put in place. If you do it, your Touch won't be supported by Apple, Apple may send out updates which will prevent your jailbroken Touch from working and it also leaves your Touch more open to being hacked / getting viruses.

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
ok i have said it wrong, forget about connecting the ipod. when playing music through my windows media player, it will play music through my external speakers, but when I play music through itunes it will only play music through the laptops internal speakers. Is there a setting on itunes that gives you an option on what speakers to play through?

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
just looking on the itunes help and it says

"iTunes can sync your photos and videos (Mac only) with the following applications "

does this mean I cannot upload photo's from my windows xp to itunes? (mac only)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I only use iTunes with a Mac I'm afraid so can't answer on these accurately. Have had a look at the settings and I can't see anywhere on the Mac version where you can set which speakers it uses - I'm pretty sure it just uses whatever the OS is set to use. Whether the PC version is different I'm not sure I'm afraid. Is it perhaps that WMP allows you to set to use external speakers and the rest of the sounds go through the normal laptop speakers? Have a look in Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices and then click on the Audio tab to see what the default playback device is.

Ditto on the photos as I just use iPhoto.

A

Anonymous

jokerpaulonline:
4. just starting to get used to the apps, after buying a couple that didnt work, now make sure read reviews first, can you reccomend any good ones?

* Angry Birds (get the Lite version to try it) - superb game
* Harbour Master (get the Lite version to try it) - another superb game

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
dont think it is to do with the settings on the laptop as everything else plays through the external speakers, ie msn, facebook and other web pages, it is only itunes that wont.

The reason I originally asked about playing the ipod through the laptop external speakers was to see if i could play apps through them, such as the drum kit would sound a lot better through a good set of speakers

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
apps,

1.tubemap. very handy as i spent most my life avoiding public transport but every now and again need a tube and work in diferent locations so this really helps.

2.sky sports football socer center handy for getting score updates or news

3,sky news, as above

4,flixter, trailers,movie reviews ,release dates.also tells you whats on at your local cinema, showings and times.

5,ebay, basic functions but ok for checking wached items and stuff

6,apple remote operate itunes frome apple tv or computer over a network,great if your using express

these i think are all free ones so worth a try.

A

Anonymous

. How do I download pics onto the ipod touch, when plugging the ipod
into the the laptop and go into my comp, it does not show the ipod
connected there, although when connecting it, it does sync with itunes
with no problem.

go into itunes click on ipod touch you then get screen with tabs across the top, click on photos and you can then add the ones you want.

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
with syncing your photos up to your ipod touch......what I do is the following....

I created a new folder in my pictures folder...I call it ipod pics........and I then created separate folders (portraits, stuff, NY 2009 etc) within that folder.....this means that when you select photos on your ipod, it will have the separate folders there as well.....otherwise everything will be together in the one folder, and this can get unwieldy.....so.....I then copied the photos I want into those folders.

Next - go into itunes select your ipod in the left hand panel and then select the photos tab......Where it says "Sync photos from:" click on the button and select choose folder. Selecting Ipod pics will then set that folder to be sync'd onto your ipod. Select sync in the bottom right hand corner.......all of the photos will be transferred onto your ipod.Whenever you add more to the folders on your computer and sync....these will be added to your ipod.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have been looking at purchasing a ipod touch as well but does anyone know any more about this iphone 4GB? Price, when you can buy it? Tarriffs etc.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for that, i can't seem to find anything on the iphone 4GB though, i need it to be on Tesco's Tarriff, as no other phone works where i live.

On tesco's website only the 8GB and 16GB get mentioned.

Anyone help please?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Yes there has been many rumours on the net this site normaly has quite a lot of news on it.

LINK REMOVED BY MODS - House Rules

or just Google iPhone 4G

gel:

Thanks for that, i can't seem to find anything on the iphone 4GB though, i need it to be on Tesco's Tarriff, as no other phone works where i live.

On tesco's website only the 8GB and 16GB get mentioned.

Anyone help please?

Thanks

I think you're getting confused here. iphone comes only in 8GB, 16GB & 32GB models. There's no 4GB model.

iphone 4G is completely different, a rumoured successor to the current iphone 3GS, being launched sometime in July supposedly. The '4G' refers to the model number, not the memory capacity of the iphone.

There's a difference between 4G & 4GB know
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

That makes sense now, thanks Bigboss,
emotion-1.gif
emotion-21.gif

I wander if the new iphone 4th genration will be any cheaper.

D

Deleted member 2457

Now i actually getting google search results, lots of speculating, makes sense to wait and see, cheer's.

A

Anonymous

Hi Apple are holding a press conference on thursday about the new iphone operating system OS4 might have more info about any new iPhone,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts