Sony TA-AN1000 AV Amp & Bluesound Node

KevinM

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
Currently, I play 'Apple Lossless' music from my iPhone 12, through a BlueSound Node that is connected to a Sony STR-DN1080 AV Receiver.

I do this to benefit from the Node's superior DAC. A compromise, I know, because although I bypass the DN1080's DAC, the Amp is still a hindrance.

Does anyone know whether the Amp in the TA-AN1000 is (like it's price!) a significant step-up from the DN1080?

Fandango Andy

Currently, I play 'Apple Lossless' music from my iPhone 12, through a BlueSound Node that is connected to a Sony STR-DN1080 AV Receiver.

I do this to benefit from the Node's superior DAC. A compromise, I know, because although I bypass the DN1080's DAC, the Amp is still a hindrance.

Does anyone know whether the Amp in the TA-AN1000 is (like it's price!) a significant step-up from the DN1080?
They are home theatre amps. If you are after the best sound for music and are considering an expensive amp upgrade have you considered a separate two channel system for music?

Also, which Node do you have, and is the DAC that good? I auditioned a Node 2 and it was OK at best. I got far better sound from a Wiim Mini with an SMSL SU1 DAC for a fraction of the price.

KevinM

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
Evening, Andy.

Mine is “Node” … just reduced on their site to £399.00.

Unfortunately I’m living in a world of comprise. Awkward layout and not enough space to squeeze a lot of kit in. A decent sized family room but …

The set up works around a TV and we use it for films as well as music. The AV Amp allows us to do a lot and is an elegant solution but I recognise it is not ideal for playing music through.

I’m looking for a step up and realistic about what I have but trying to understand whether the AN-1000 is actually (technically) better than its predecessor.

TRENDING THREADS