Introducing the gf to the joys of hifi.

Having had another week off work, I have been messing around with speaker placement. Checking fuses. Changing cables. All the paranoia stuff you do to try and improve things.

Tonight, me and the mrs are enjoying a few beers and some tunes. I've got her taking interest in how the sound can change when you move the speakers. And to my amazement she can hear the difference. !!

These focals sound their best when only 6 inches or so from the rear wall.

I think the girl is finally understanding my obsession!

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My partner used to pull her face about my hifi and thought it was a waste of money but she always seems really happy when her friends comment on how good the music sounds when we have dinner parties... women eh???

James

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend is jealous of my HiFi as she knows I love it more than her.......and ive spent more on it, than i have on her too :) :) :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You're boring. When I was your age and I took a week off work with my girlfriend just about the last thing I fiddled with was my HiFi. :twisted:

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
You're boring. When I was your age and I took a week off work with my girlfriend just about the last thing I fiddled with was my HiFi. :twisted:

He didn't say his girlfriend had a week off. She listened in the evening!

Question for the OP. Would you want your missus to get you interested in clothes shopping? Exacvtly. men and women are different. Neither is better than the other; they are just different.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
These focals sound their best when only 6 inches or so from the rear wall.

I think the girl is finally understanding my obsession!

She will now move your speakers a few inches everytime you annoy her.

regards

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:

So Major,

What was the first thing you fiddled with? :)

T

the record spot

lol, the old green edged CD thing? Leave the obsessive stuff out, else she really will think you've a screw loose. And anyway, she might paint them pink. Then move your speakers. Again.

i'm blessed with a gf that shares (almost) my taste in music, likes going to gigs with me. puts up with my insanity and OCD. and didn't bat an eyelid when i told her what i was buying over the last few months. i'll be keeping this one!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife told me this evening that she was "really impressed" with how I have re-arranged my rack today, (not a euphemism).

you saying she might not have meant it and that she may think it 4 hours wasted?

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You know what , my significant other spends 60 quid evey month having her claws sharpened , I mean nails done and 160 quid every 8 weeks having her natuarl highlights removed , aka dying out the grey , yes we are that old.

She gives me no **** over the money I've spent the last 12 months but she does have a look that says "really ?"

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts