Indulgence show 2017 (Tomorrow)

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

im going tomorrow and will feedback a little review of the stuff that sounds really nice and take some photos but not sure how you post on here.

if anyone wants me to ask any of the manufacturers anything in particular and feedback on here, if I have time I'll gladly do so.

https://indulgenceshow.com/

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If you have time please go into the JBL room and see if they have the lsr708p actives on demo.
I'd love to hear about those if you.get chance

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
insider9 said:
One from me please if you get a chance. Are Chord looking to release follow ups to Mojo and Hugo TT?
Someone asked about a TT 2 on Facebook or twitter and the answer was no ;)

But dont shoot the messanger if one comes out monday

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Andrewjvt said:
If you have time please go into the JBL room and see if they have the lsr708p actives on demo. I'd love to hear about those if you.get chance

no problem. I tend to find myself sitting in with the pmc room with bryston and avm, then atc, musical fidelity, naim, spendor, proac, neat, and rega. These are all the brands I like best, and cyrus too. Sometimes it's hard to get a feel with the hotel room acoustics like at Bristol show.

Not so much keen on likes of devialet, monitor audio, Dali. For my tastes at least, its obvious they are not as good imho.

But the pmc twenty5 26's are stand out speakers at the price and for value. Lovely.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Andrewjvt said:
If you have time please go into the JBL room and see if they have the lsr708p actives on demo. I'd love to hear about those if you.get chance

no problem. I tend to find myself sitting in with the pmc room with bryston and avm, then atc, musical fidelity, naim, spendor, proac, neat, and rega. These are all the brands I like best, and cyrus too. Sometimes it's hard to get a feel with the hotel room acoustics like at Bristol show.

Not so much keen on likes of devialet, monitor audio, Dali. For my tastes at least, its obvious they are not as good imho.

But the pmc twenty5 26's are stand out speakers at the price and for value. Lovely. 

Ja agree on the ATC
I looked for them on the exhibitors list but could not see them but if they are showing that's a bonus.

If you take pictures there are a few free websites that you can use to copy/paste the pictures on here.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:

Go and have another listen to the Devialet Expert Amps. I'm listening to my 200 right now through my Sonus Fabers and after three years with it I haven't heard anything better for anything like the same money. I'm not much for the Phantoms though - I think they're overhyped, but IMO the Amps are pretty special.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Infiniteloop said:
Andrewjvt said:

Go and have another listen to the Devialet Expert Amps. I'm listening to my 200 right now through my Sonus Fabers and after three years with it I haven't heard anything better for anything like the same money. I'm not much for the Phantoms though - I think they're overhyped, but IMO the Amps are pretty special.

ok thanks yes I'll check that out. I agree on the phantoms as you say.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Ja agree on the ATC I looked for them on the exhibitors list but could not see them but if they are showing that's a bonus.

If you take pictures there are a few free websites that you can use to copy/paste the pictures on here.

i loved the scm40's and I think bigger 50's at Bristol show earlier in the year. Lovely balanced speakers. Amongst the best.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Ja agree on the ATC I looked for them on the exhibitors list but could not see them but if they are showing that's a bonus.

i loved the scm40's and I think bigger 50's at Bristol show earlier in the year. Lovely balanced speakers. Amongst the best.

I agree but perhaps not as bass heavy as you'd like with the PMC transmission line design.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

And I'm sorry too for the comments I made to you and grim harry and davedotco. I hope you forgive and forget and we can move on if I decide to regularly contribute. I'm not the type that holds a grudge, and hope you guys aren't too. best wishes. Simon

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
And I'm sorry too for the comments I made to you and grim harry and davedotco. I hope you forgive and forget and we can move on if I decide to regularly contribute. I'm not the type that holds a grudge, and hope you guys aren't too. best wishes. Simon 

No grunge here at all. We all grown ups.
I'm far from inocent on this place and have had many a keyboard brawl but we all forgive and forget.

A few years ago I brought a Hegel h360 and was I so excited and happy with it I annoyed the living crap out of everyone on here posting reviews and mentioning it all the time. I never realised at the time how annoying it was for everyone but it was my first real quality hifi and I worked 28 days in a row to afford it and I got a bit carried away.
So don't lose the passion.
Another thing is we have major culture difference on here as I also take things the wrong way sometimes.
All in the past.
Sorry for giving you a hard time
So now we all move forward

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
And I'm sorry too for the comments I made to you and grim harry and davedotco. I hope you forgive and forget and we can move on if I decide to regularly contribute. I'm not the type that holds a grudge, and hope you guys aren't too. best wishes. Simon

I hope you understand if I’m a little wary being a suspicious b’tard but let’s just see how things go. I hope you enjoy the show and try to have a look at the Russell K’s. I’d like to know if they plan to go active. Paul

Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

:)

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
nopiano said:
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Out of curiosity did you demo the SCM19As before buying the 40s, nopiano?

Pedro said:
nopiano said:
Andrewjvt said:
Andrewjvt said:

Out of curiosity did you demo the SCM19As before buying the 40s, nopiano?
No, they weren't really something I'd considered, and I've never actually seen a pair. I'd already got my integrated amp, so was only looking at passive speakers around £3,000.

Have since heard the much bigger actives, but I'm very happy with mine in a domestic setting.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Just on my home from the show been there 6 hours and only covered about 60% of it.

Its a good show well worth attending.

I will do my show coverage asap for you. Not sure how its come out yet but I have worked bloody hard at it :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Just on my home from the show been there 6 hours and only covered about 60% of it.

Its a good show well worth attending.

I will do my show coverage asap for you. Not sure how its come out yet but I have worked bloody hard at it :)

Getting impatient
Hurry up

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I've just come back from it too. Listening to this track called eye in the sky by the Alan parsons project, pmc were playing. Can't get it out of my head. Was chatting to Tom Barron of pmc and the owner Peter Thomas, who are really nice. Were displaying pmc fact 8s with an £11k ish avm 8.2 Cs amp. Was the best combo there for me. Scale, authority, transparency, everything. Lovely. Wish I could afford that combo!

Shame spendor, atc etc were not there as they would have given pmc a run for their money (or maybe more) depending on your preference.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/avm-ovation-cs-62

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts