In Ceiling Speakers

Tim Smith

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at putting some in ceiling speakers into our kitchen to stream music to. I was looking at Blue Sound to handle the streaming and Bowers & Wilkins CI600 or CI300 in ceiling speakers. Any views on the BlueSound or the B&W's ? Any view on whether the BlueSound Power Node's 50W will be enough to power the speakers?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tim, we plan to do the same in our new house: Bluesound Powernode + B&W CCM663. We're waiting for the CCM663RD (reduced depth) though, cos the dealer installed the wrong (too shallow) back boxes! *dash1*The amp should not have any trouble driving these speakers (though I haven't heard the result yet). I think the 300 series is a step down in quality (but also in price obviously).

Having said that, I'm going to try some Genelec active in ceiling speakers, which I might use in the kitchen (and maybe in my office), combined with a Bluesound Node. I hope they will be clearer sounding, but they have rather limited bass extension. The major implication is that they need double speaker wiring (as the tweeter and midbass driver are wired separately). We can still do that, cos the stretch ceiling is still to be installed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts