If you could personally remaster

Just one album, for your own pleasure, which would it be?

Is there that one album in your collection let down by its production?

Mine would be an album by Prong, called Rude Awakening. I absolutely love the album, but I get frustrated with how it sounds. I'm damn sure I could have done a better job.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Just one album, for your own pleasure, which would it be?

Is there that one album in your collection let down by its production?

Mine would be an album by Prong, called Rude Awakening. I absolutely love the album, but I get frustrated with how it sounds. I'm damn sure I could have done a better job.

Unfortunately there are way too many to mention, but up there must be 'This delicate thing we've made' by Darren Hayes. A double CD of the most beautiful, intelligent and complex pop tragically let down by sounding grainy, edgy and compressed. - It could be glorious!

'A conversation with God' being a particular highpoint.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Fox by , erm, Fox. Originally an album from 1975, until the start of century it was not available in its entirety on CD, just a few selected songs from it on The Very Best Of Fox from the mid 90s, which is mastered fine. When I saw the full album appear in Virgin in late 2002 I snapped it up. I was in for a a bitter disappointment. It's almost unlistenable. Worst tracks are Love Letters (sadly unavailable elsewhere) , Imagine Me, Imagine You (thankully available on The Very Best Of...), and Pisces' Babies (sadly also unavailable elsewhere). Let's face it most people who are likely to buy this album will remember it on LP and are looking for the same experience, slightly less crackly and less worn maybe. So WHY ON EARTH did the mastering engineer think we wanted it compressed and limited 'til the life was absolutely suffocated from it? I'll never know.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Fox by , erm, Fox. Originally an album from 1975, until the start of century it was not available in its entirety on CD, just a few selected songs from it on The Very Best Of Fox from the mid 90s, which is mastered fine. When I saw the full album appear in Virgin in late 2002 I snapped it up. I was in for a a bitter disappointment. It's almost unlistenable. Worst tracks are Love Letters (sadly unavailable elsewhere) , Imagine Me, Imagine You (thankully available on The Very Best Of...), and Pisces' Babies (sadly also unavailable elsewhere). Let's face it most people who are likely to buy this album will remember it on LP and are looking for the same experience, slightly less crackly and less worn maybe. So WHY ON EARTH did the mastering engineer think we wanted it compressed and limited 'til the life was absolutely suffocated from it? I'll never know.

Fox were a brilliant 70's band. - Didn't 'Only You Can' get into the top ten?

jjbomber

White Album.

Once described as containing more great riffs than Black Sabbath's first four albums combined, this should have been a multi million seller. Instead the production is awful and the band never got past contender status.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts