Ideas about floorstands for B&W M1 speakers please?

cutter74

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

so I'm moving to a bigger place and I'll probably be needing floorstands for my rear B&W M1 satellite speakers (generation 1, pre-2012). The problem is that i can't seem to locate the original floorstands anywhere, the gen 2 (current) M1 floorstands are incompatible with gen 1 and even if they weren't, they are so expensive (more than the speaker itself) that it's absurd.

I was wondering if you could help me out with recommendations or alternate solutions that i could possible use. Are there any universal floorstands out there that could match my setup?

Thanks for your time.

dukeden

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm taking it you've looked on e of bay? Maybe try looking into buying a standard satellite speaker stand then having the stand adapted to suit. Most metal fabricator should be able to help, and it shouldn't cost too much. Probably 1-1 1/2 hours labour plus a minimal price for the metal.

Hope this is of help

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thing is aswell if your prepared,and able to adapt stands then you can source ones that you like the look of,and suit your requirmants as regard size...footprint & height:)

Good luck Robin,sounds like a very interesting project :cheers:

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Offtopic sorry but my old pre MOT Triumph Herald was held together with Meccano, as were several bikes, gokarts/soapboxes and various other items. Blutac? Defys the laws of Physics and Chemistry challenging the otherwise brilliant work of Einstein & Hawkins. And dont get me started on Velcro.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the new double sided tape from no nails...i used the permanant stuff(red)to hang some canvass prints on my wall,gona be a buga when i re-decorate :shifty:

cutter74

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to all. Yep, obviously ebay was the first place I looked but wasn't able to find what i was looking for. Oh well, keep looking!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts