Arcam AVR 10+what front 3 speakers??

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I posted earlier. I have a Arcam AVR 10 and a LG 65 GX. I am looking for a front 3 speakers. I am not in a position to try and get sound from the speakers.

I am thinking of splurging and buying the KEF R2C. Its 850. And then the front R5'S or the the equivalent in the GX series.

There doesn't seem to be many reviews on them, I owned a while ago the Kef x3500 (i think). Loved the sound quality.

1) I guess what I am asking is do I go for the Kef R2C or do I go with B&W 700 series.?

2) I am assuming it makes sense to spend the most on the centre speaker?

3) For front left and right floor standers around 1500 -2000 what do you reckon are the best??

I have a B&W PV1D and the m1 surrounds. Its mainly for TV, Sports & Movies.

Really need your help. I also want something that will keep its value when I come to sell. Please please help me.

At the moment my gut is telling me to go for the Kef R2C and then when I have the cash the R5's.

I also live in Ireland. Any recommendations where I can get ex demo's?

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm not really an expert in high-end speakers. However there is something you need to know. For the best sound quality (front), you need similar speaker from the same brand. B&W are amazing speakers, but I don't know a lot about their center channel speakers. I had a friend who owns KEF speakers and he loves them. The KEF R2C seems pretty good paired two floorstanding R5 speakers. This is a personal preference.

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Thanks dude. Yeah I like the look of the B&W but they are that little bit more expensive. I just am worried why the Kefs have not been reviewed more. It seems strange.

TRENDING THREADS