Best amp for B&W 606 S2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
The best tip is the one just above this, go listen to the different combinations before you buy.

A couple of years back, I spent a long time setting up demos and listening to combos before buying when I traded in all my NAD and B&W and splashed out on the next level up. Having done so, I could not believe the differences between different set ups/combinations and would not have another pair of B&W speakers if the were given to me. Both the 600 and 700 series were some of the worst I heard. I used to be a big fan but no more.

All the advise in the world is great but no substitute for listening to them and preferably in your own home.

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
Two other e-mails dropped in when I pushed 'post' so that should now read: "The best tip is the one three e-mails above...go listen to them all"

NADman

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
The best tip is the one just above this, go listen to the different combinations before you buy.

A couple of years back, I spent a long time setting up demos and listening to combos before buying when I traded in all my NAD and B&W and splashed out on the next level up. Having done so, I could not believe the differences between different set ups/combinations and would not have another pair of B&W speakers if the were given to me. Both the 600 and 700 series were some of the worst I heard. I used to be a big fan but no more.

All the advise in the world is great but no substitute for listening to them and preferably in your own home.
which speakers did you buy then? i moved from Heybrook HB2's to B&W's as i wanted a bigger sound and was pleased with the change, maybe not as natural as the Heybrooks but will do for now. :)

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
Spendor A7s just before they hiked the price up as luck would have it. Beauties...

That said, I use a pair of B&W ASW610s with them (and the B&W 600s and 700s I had previously due to the lack of bass in both speakers) which I still use with them just to go that little bit lower. B&W have a good sound but no bass at all. They are also more 'muddier' than the Spendor speakers I tested them (same set up just changed out the speakers). All the testing I did (and thank you Audio Taylor, Brisbane) was real eye opener or should that be ear opener...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts