I really thought this was a spoof

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
It's just that they packed it the wrong way around. If you would make lot of money, you must sell exclusive handmade cable. Lot's of peoples don't know how it works, but they will spend more easily for that. The same for "better DAC" or "power amplifiers with a wider soundstage". They will pay.

The example you linked is too much unknown and will not sell well. If you want to sell it, you must, at first, start the hoax with some colleagues on several forums.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Laurens_B said:
Charlatan

Another Charlatan.

tim-burgess-record-store-day-manchester-2014-3-1395345034-view-0.jpg

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Ah, its the monthly 'slash RA' thread. i thought it was overdue :)

C'mon guys, there are far worse offenders.

Whilst I couldn't possible quantify the upgrades made (they are coy about the details) improved power supplies can often make a substantial difference alone. There are enough examples out there, my cyrus system only being one.

So, whilst 700 quid feels like an awful lot for a sky box, they have at least tampered with the innards.

As this had to be done by hand, individually (ala T.E of the 90's with his souped up stable platter Pioneer players) it will cost.

£400 to be precise if you already have a box.

Still, it would be helpful if they'd actually tell potential buyers what exactly they changed ... .

Are you trying to justify Sky charging nearly 700 quid for one of their boxes when you have to pay over 70 quid a month to get all the good channels form them?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site

Whilst I couldn't possible quantify the upgrades made (they are coy about the details) improved power supplies can often make a substantial difference alone. There are enough examples out there, my cyrus system only being one.

So, whilst 700 quid feels like an awful lot for a sky box, they have at least tampered with the innards.

As this had to be done by hand, individually (ala T.E of the 90's with his souped up stable platter Pioneer players) it will cost.

Still, it would be helpful if they'd actually tell potential buyers what exactly they changed ... .

Edit. The changes are kind off detailed on the second page. Whilst I don't expect all of you to agree about the effect of mains filters and/or component upgrades it seems quite a bit has been done.

Whether that justifies spending that on a SkyBox ... only you can decide but if you are the kind of guy or gal that has to have the best ... well.

Like I said, far worse offenders out there and without having actually used and compared one of these, how can you guys categorically say the internal changes are not effective in some way?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
drummerman said:

Are you trying to justify Sky charging nearly 700 quid for one of their boxes when you have to pay over 70 quid a month to get all the good channels form them?

That is hardly the point in this case is it now?

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
MrReaper182 said:
drummerman said:

I don't care what they say it does "better" It's not worth what they are charging. There is no justifying Sky's madness.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
With sound you can almost say or claim anything, cause its more subjective than anything else. There is too much subjectivity to sound that its still one of the biggest money making industry.

*scratch_one-s_head* Hum, it may just sound better. (10 excellent reviews of a product we all been there)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
drummerman said:
MrReaper182 said:
drummerman said:

I don't care what they say it does "better" It's not worth what they are charging. There is no justifying Sky's madness.

Perhaps not to you ... . :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
whole thread apart from what drummerman said in that its the monthly "have a go at" Russ Andrews post.

Whilst I agree with the fact its a lot of money for the upgrade, if I had the money I would buy one as I use my existing sky box all the time, its supplies me with radio channels which I listen to during the daytime and then once thats finished it supplies me with all the tv programmes I wish to watch.

Why keep going on about how its a "waste of money", just don't buy it, you have a choice.

Also RA is not the first and wont be the last, most major hifi companies offer some kind of upgrades that frustrate people, ( I'm thinking of Marantz who used to and still do bring out multiple versions of things like amps and cd players).

Please give the monthly RA bash a break, if you don't like their products or opinions then don't buy them, leave it to people to decide for themselves.

*music2*

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
macdiddy said:
whole thread apart from what drummerman said in that its the monthly "have a go at" Russ Andrews post.

Whilst I agree with the fact its a lot of money for the upgrade, if I had the money I would buy one as I use my existing sky box all the time, its supplies me with radio channels which I listen to during the daytime and then once thats finished it supplies me with all the tv programmes I wish to watch.

Why keep going on about how its a "waste of money", just don't buy it, you have a choice.

Also RA is not the first and wont be the last, most major hifi companies offer some kind of upgrades that frustrate people, ( I'm thinking of Marantz who used to and still do bring out multiple versions of things like amps and cd players).

Please give the monthly RA bash a break, if you don't like their products or opinions then don't buy them, leave it to people to decide for themselves.

*music2*
*stop* Its called freedom of speech.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
exactly that, RA is not the only company but it does come up for alot of flack on this forum every now and then, if you don't like their products then you don't have to buy them, it's your choice.

( to the previous replyer where did I say anything about "freedom of speech") *boredom*

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
macdiddy said:
exactly that, RA is not the only company but it does come up for alot of flack on this forum every now and then, if you don't like their products then you don't have to buy them, it's your choice.

( to the previous replyer where did I say anything about "freedom of speech") *boredom*
*lol*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
bigboss said:
If you think RA is a rip off, you haven't seen what Audiocom International charges for modifying your equipment. :)

Their will always be fools who are easily parted with their money.

There will always be people that want the best, whatever that may mean. You (and I) are obviously not two of them.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
If we come to think of it technically people buy stuff that does not justice to music & cost thousands of pounds. So are there fools as well?... or do we believe such useless systems do not exsit. I think we are fooled in many other ways this one just happen to be so obvious?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts