I just bought a new beast!

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Are you sure you want to spend that much though, with the current mess of HDR?

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I dont, really want to spend that much , but that is the price these tvs cost, I dont fully understand hdr , i just know its best to buy a tv with 4k and hdr , i really like the look of the new sony xd93 and its flat, i personally don,t do gaming or 3d just blurays and sky hd , I wont be too bothered about 4k either unless its cheap but it wont be, it mainly good picture quality i want in 65 inches , also samsung 65 js 9000 is down to £2400 but its curved .

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
I love the LG, I had it on order from Selfridges twice this week! Its my favourite current TV.

So were they two cancelled orders, or is there (yet) another expensive TV circling the motorways around Milton Keynes in a courier van 'holding pattern' awaiting your next 'submit order' or 'cancel order' button press?

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Also there are a couple of ex display 65 inch lg 950/960 on ebay for £2899.00 which is a good price and have 1 year warranty , but thats the same price as the sony new with a 5 year warranty

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
So were they two cancelled orders, or is there (yet) another expensive TV circling the motorways around Milton Keynes in a courier van 'holding pattern' awaiting your next 'submit order' or 'cancel order' button press?

I think the local branch of DHL keeps a van ready-loaded with whatever are all the latest shiny products of the moment, its engine permanently running and with a driver always at the wheel, on the off-chance of being able to do a blitzkrieg delivery before gel changes his mind again. ;-)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
The SVS are not expensive subs by measure of their peers and with the exception of the PJ, cables and acoutic treatment I have bought everything else at significantly reduced prices - I call it boxing clever

Whoever buys gel's Panasonic 4K OLED will be getting it a reduced price - as of late this morning, a £500 price drop to £5,000.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
toonboy said:
Also there are a couple of ex display 65 inch lg 950/960 on ebay for £2899.00 which is a good price and have 1 year warranty , but thats the same price as the sony new with a 5 year warranty

I don't care how cheap it is, I wouldn't buy any television without a five or six-year warranty.

Did you read the link to the Panasonic 65DX902 that I gave earlier?

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
yes i did read the link it sounds fantastic , have gone off the idea of ex display oled as you say not enough warranty, thinking the panasonic or sonyxd93 but will look first local store does both , but always been a sony fan so lets get looking at them .

D

Deleted member 2457

See if you can buy a cheap one when they clear in the next few weeks. I have decided unless I get a really good offer to keep my Panasonic it's still the best 2D and 3D TV ever. And I can say that for sure.

Had the Panasonic blu Ray player today it was rubbish too got refunds on both players. It was rubbish on the Panasonic 902 flagship new one too which is 1000 nits. Demoed that in Richer Sounds.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
ellisdj said:
The SVS are not expensive subs by measure of their peers and with the exception of the PJ, cables and acoutic treatment I have bought everything else at significantly reduced prices - I call it boxing clever

Whoever buys gel's Panasonic 4K OLED will be getting it a reduced price - as of late this morning, a £500 price drop to £5,000.
Not going to sell it unless I get £5000 for it. It's still the best 2D and 3D TV there is.

Gel, given that you have now returned both your 4K blu ray players (Samsung as well as Panasonic), save yourself money and get a 1080p TV. 1080p programmes look best on 1080p TV. Give it a year or so, until they sort HDR issue out. You won't be watching 4K anyway.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Gel, given that you have now returned both your 4K blu ray players (Samsung as well as Panasonic), save yourself money and get a 1080p TV. 1080p programmes look best on 1080p TV. Give it a year or so, until they sort HDR issue out. You won't be watching 4K anyway.

what hdr issue exactly? i don't have no problems.

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:

This one.

Gel likes his pictures bright.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I think I will do, it's just waiting for the right deal, I would like an Oled again and 65 inches, so I am patiently waiting for a clearance deal. If not I will keep my Panasonic.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:

Sorry but your pictures don't look good.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I think I will do, it's just waiting for the right deal, I would like an Oled again and 65 inches, so I am patiently waiting for a clearance deal. If not I will keep my Panasonic.

Patience isn't a quality that I've ever associated with you, gel! *acute*

D

Deleted member 2457

toonboy said:
how do you ad photos , have never done it before ,thanks
Hi, you have to use Google Chrome to start with on this forum and you have to go on Flick.com

and upload your photos there. Then you have to copy and paste them here. I will provide a full instruction list in a link.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
Gel, what's your Panasonic oled like with 1080p bluray, any good?
Yep, super.

well then keep both the tv and player and when HDR improves, you'll get a firmware to sort it. Does your tv support Dolby vision HDR?
Nope. Yep, I might well keep the TV. Players have been returned Richer Sounds stung by 10 per cent even though it was over the phone I ordered. What did I tell you guys about Richer Sounds?

TRENDING THREADS