I dont know what ive got here?.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive got a problem here and dont know what to do, bearing in mind im in the middle of decorating my house aswell, from the begining..

I bought a arcam xeta 2 sound proccesser of e-bay,to link into my audiolabs for future surround sound.

I have a normal, sony dvd player, multichannel outputs ( 6 phono leads to a special din type plug that plugs into the arcam.

Ive not had chance to play with it so much but this seems ok...

Now ive got hold of a upscailing sony dvd player, hdmi output, lovely jubbely, only problem is theres no multichannel outputs on back of it?

erm is this guna be a dvd player with a good picture, or use normal dvd player and hope fully get surround sound...

all the inputs on the old arcam are composite video, there is composite video out of the new upscailing dvd player tho?

Sony HDR HXD970

p.s, i dont know much about wiring home cinema attal

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Please don't take this the wrong way but why did you buy that Arcam unit? It's ancient and only has Dolby Pro Logic processing from what I can see, so it doesn't even offer true discrete multi-channel surround sound (Unless I'm mistaken). You would be better off forgetting about it altogether and looking for a unit that has the necessary inputs for audio from your DVD player. Also forget using composite video, it's the lowest possible quality signal connection type and therefore not advisable. Leave the amp to handle audio only unless you require video switching (more than one source using the same output), upconversion or if your amp is relatively high-end, upscaling.

An alternative would be the Yamaha DSP-E800 processor, which I used to own or a newer AV Receiver with front pre-outs. Sorry mate but you've bought a pup!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts