I am trying to connect my B&W PX7 headphones to my iPad by wire and to listen to them but not working!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
If you like wireless get some Sony WH-1000XM3 I have had mine for ages never had a problem with them and that model can be had for a good price even second hand.
I had a pair and didn’t like them, I can’t think for what reason though. Too similar to my current pairs (I think). And charge kept going down quick, at least with the B&W the charge lasts forever!

camcroft

I had a pair and didn’t like them, I can’t think for what reason though. Too similar to my current pairs (I think). And charge kept going down quick, at least with the B&W the charge lasts forever!
If you use noise cancelling it chews your batteries It's alright on a Plane ,Train or Bus
but I never use it in that mode. If I do travel I use iem's lightweight and compact. Wireless headphones do have their uses but for proper listening I use my wired headphones as they tend to sound much better.

Reactions: Freddy

camcroft

I had them too but again couldn’t get on with the charge, ended up selling them on Facebook.
The Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ are very good no noise cancelling but have an app for your iPhone I got a pair off Amazon for £49.95 the other week they are much better than the original Melomania 1's I had no connection issues with my iPhone.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ are very good no noise cancelling but have an app for your iPhone I got a pair off Amazon for £49.95 the other week they are much better than the original Melomania 1's I had no connection issues with my iPhone.
I had the first Cambridge Audio in-ear headphones, couldn’t get on with them either sold them on Facebook too (well my sister did for me).

camcroft

I had the first Cambridge Audio in-ear headphones, couldn’t get on with them either sold them on Facebook too (well my sister did for me).
The first ones got a lot of complaints about the ear buds its like any in ear monitors you need to get the perfect fit for sound and isolation I used the silicone ones which I find better than the foam ones I just use their large ones so when I bought the 1+ in white to be different I went straight to the large silicone ear buds and I am very happy with the sound. The best £ 49.95 I have spent in ages and I must add I have more wired earphones than I can remember.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The first ones got a lot of complaints about the ear buds its like any in ear monitors you need to get the perfect fit for sound and isolation I used the silicone ones which I find better than the foam ones I just use their large ones so when I bought the 1+ in white to be different I went straight to the large silicone ear buds and I am very happy with the sound. The best £ 49.95 I have spent in ages and I must add I have more wired earphones than I can remember.
Nice one! I think I am best off avoiding wireless headphones though.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
So what are you looking for and for what use?
I was looking for a way to get my B&W PX7‘s headphones working again, so I would be happy with them or quickly sell them on. Looking at this thread though from people’s comments using them wired will hardly make a difference over wirelessly. Just keeping my current wired ones.

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

I was looking for a way to get my B&W PX7‘s headphones working again, so I would be happy with them or quickly sell them on. Looking at this thread though from people’s comments using them wired will hardly make a difference over wirelessly. Just keeping my current wired ones.
Which wired ones do you have?

When did you buy them? You've sold it to CEX at a significant loss. Your headphones were still under warranty. Why didn't you contact B&W for support? When my B&O headphones had an issue, I sent it to them, they identified a fault and sent back a brand new pair of headphones.

Reactions: Gray

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
When did you buy them? You've sold it to CEX at a significant loss. Your headphones were still under warranty. Why didn't you contact B&W for support? When my B&O headphones had an issue, I sent it to them, they identified a fault and sent back a brand new pair of headphones.
Can’t remember. Just found a charging cable that fits but doesn’t work. Looks like the ’expensive’ B&W cable is all that works after all.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I am pretty sure I bought them from Peter Tyson, I can’t remember my login password though! I would’ve probably bought them through Amazon Pay though. I don’t think there is anything wrong with them though I might be wrong.

I am pretty sure I bought them from Peter Tyson, I can’t remember my login password though! I would’ve probably bought them through Amazon Pay though. I don’t think there is anything wrong with them though I might be wrong.
You're saying they're not playing through wired. Is that not wrong with them?

You should have an email confirmation from Peter Tyson. You don't need to login. Just give them a call or email them.

Often some people get huge excitement when buying new things. That excitement fades away within few days. I know this happens to you as well. Is that the reason for selling it?

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I have found the receipt. They are over a year old but not two.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
It saying on their website they come with a 2 year warranty so I will give them a call. Cheers BB you are the best! :)

Reactions: bigboss
It saying on their website they come with a 2 year warranty so I will give them a call. Cheers BB you are the best! :)

They will most likely ask you to contact B&W directly as they're still under manufacturer's warranty. That's what they advised me when I called them regarding B&O headphones issue.

DCarmi

From the specs it looks like they use a standard USB-C cable to charge. Any (reputable) charger should be able to handle them. They take about 3 hours to full charge. Assuming you charger and cable are working, I'd plug them in an leave for a good long while. Lithium batteries can go into sleep mode if very drained and may need a bit of time to wakeup.

If they still don't charge, the you have 1 of 3 problems.
  1. Charger - you should be able to test this with another device
  2. Cable - if you don't have another USB-C device this could be difficult to test
  3. Headphones - back to B&W would be my advice

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
From the specs it looks like they use a standard USB-C cable to charge. Any (reputable) charger should be able to handle them. They take about 3 hours to full charge. Assuming you charger and cable are working, I'd plug them in an leave for a good long while. Lithium batteries can go into sleep mode if very drained and may need a bit of time to wakeup.

If they still don't charge, the you have 1 of 3 problems.
  1. Charger - you should be able to test this with another device
  2. Cable - if you don't have another USB-C device this could be difficult to test
  3. Headphones - back to B&W would be my advice
They don’t light up or nothing. Cheers.

DCarmi

If the battery is very drained, they may not light up for a while, if the battery has gone to sleep. I am not sure you much lithium polymer batteries are prone to deep sleep compared to lithium-ion (which are). Lithium batteries never completely drain because they protect against this. This is why devices are normally shipped at 50% charge,

The probability is high, you do have a problem with the headphones but it is worth leaving then on charge for quite a long time. A long time might be a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts