I am trying to connect my B&W PX7 headphones to my iPad by wire and to listen to them but not working!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The only other thing I can think of is my headphone cable the right cable? I found it in my cupboard alongside some HDMI cables, but it slots in perfectly. I will order that next if the B&W cable doesn’t work tomorrow. Could that possibly cause an issue if not the right cable?

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is my headphone cable the right cable? I found it in my cupboard alongside some HDMI cables, but it slots in perfectly. I will order that next if the B&W cable doesn’t work tomorrow. Could that possibly cause an issue if not the right cable?
What happened to the cable that came with the headphones? Why buy cables again??

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Could that possibly cause an issue if not the right cable?
Anything's possible in this story 🙂
You didn't tell us you found a cable in the cupboard Gel!......to be fair, the TRS cable you found is all that should be nnecessary* - but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using some proprietary connector at the headphone end.

*UNLESS, the phones can be used balanced when wired (which is unlikely)....in that case the headphone-end plug would need to have 4- poles - even to be successfully used unbalanced.

Last edited:
Anything's possible in this story 🙂
You didn't tell us you found a cable in the cupboard Gel!......to be fair, the TRS cable you found is all that should be nnecessary* - but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using some proprietary connector at the headphone end.

*UNLESS, the phones can be used balanced when wired (which is unlikely)....in that case the headphone-end plug would need to have 4- poles - even to be successfully used unbalanced.
Nope, all that is required is a 3.5mm jack cable..... Should be quite simple really.....
Either that cable is duff or someone needs to check the headphone switch settings.

Gray

Just waiting to see if it works with a full charge now…

Place your bets now. :)

I am going to say it will work, how about you?
I'm not a gambler, but I'd say that if it had any charge, it should have worked.
Maybe the charge needs to be over a certain threshold - who knows what illogical way of working they might be using?

I won't be going wireless anytime soon.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I'm not a gambler, but I'd say that if it had any charge, it should have worked.
Maybe the charge needs to be over a certain threshold - who knows what illogical way of working they might be using?

I won't be going wireless anytime soon.
I can see me selling these this time next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS