Hypex NC400 users and pictures

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Well it sounds prettly loud........ I just had to go and listen again before answering. The speakers have almost completley disapeared the sound projects deep into the listening space and ...............wide................... The only other experience I had of this is with to Abrahamsen V4.0UP's bridged. Its almost like having a pair of superb headphones on. The sound comes from.. well kind of in space. The space around stuff is huge. Im pretty impressed its another level. Having said that its very very clean kind of clinical? The Abrahamsen has a kind of warmth, an organic voice. Had Feenermachine, from this parish, around this afternoon auditioning speakers. Played him the Hypex, he had Madonna Vougue as a referance lots of stuff hapens on this track he said stuff was much wider happening all around. Hopefully he will share his thoughts. Im off to analyze... I think I'm pretty impressed?

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Coll said:
Should imagine that it needs to be run in a little before best results are obtained.

You are right Coll,sound improved over 3 months noticeable with every speaker i tried with them.It´s like they opened up as they did sound a little dry at first,don´t get me wrong,they did sound excellent from the very beginning,but now even better as described which I didn´t expect to be honest.

I would like to get some opinions from others.IQ how does it get it on?I follow your work in the other thread,saw you have NC500&NC400.What do you think?I read you prefered at some point the sound from the Abrahamsen?!I can´t imagine that.

DocG any progress in your project?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Esra said:
DocG any progress in your project?

Nah, waiting for the woodworker to finish the furniture and the doors first.

Then he can make the new frames for the Maggies.

Then we will build the Ncores into (or onto) the speaker frames.

Then I want to add a sub (eyeing on a Rythmik 15", to be built into a bespoke cabinet -- to help it blend into the living room).

Then I'll order the DEQX, and ask the dealer to come over (from North Holland) and measure the speakers and the room.

And then... music, sweet music ever after...*yahoo*

But now, just waiting... *dash1* Won't be before next summer, I'm afraid.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
NC400 vs NC500 to close to call, though I've not had much chance to do ultra critical listening. I'm kind of warming to the Hypex its more punchy than the Abrahamsen and it certainly sprays a wider more intricate soundstage. Matt your welcome any time just give me a call.

Cyrusnut

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Looks really interesting and great value versus other nc500 amps, shame the case size is wider than half case, would have been tempted to replace my old Cyrus apa7s

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Cyrusnut said:
Looks really interesting and great value versus other nc500 amps, shame the case size is wider than half case, would have been tempted to replace my old Cyrus apa7s

You could always buy the stereo version which I believe is 380 wide and slightly cheaper instead of 2 monoblocks.

Will be getting my monoblocks anytime now, will report back ASAP

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So Hypex have some new NCore modules, NC252MP 250W and 500W versio NC502MP they sound about 85-90% as good as the NC500 but much cheaper, connect a good DAC with digital vloume you have a top notch system for very little money.

Hypex%20NC502MP%20Amplifer%20Module_zpsdvlwxfzv.jpg

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
So Hypex have some new NCore modules, NC252MP 250W and 500W versio NC502MP they sound about 85-90% as good as the NC500 but much cheaper, connect a good DAC with digital vloume you have a top notch system for very little money.

Are you allowed to post costs on here?

I am asking lol

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
iQ Speakers said:

I am asking lol

+ 1

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
Andrewjvt said:
iQ Speakers said:

I am asking lol

+ 1

-1!

I bought my NC-400 modules. Then heard how much cheaper the (OEM only) NC-500 is (a lot cheaper). If these are so much cheaper still, I don't want to know. I feel robbed...

So if you disclose prices, give us a spoiler alert first, boggit! *drinks*

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Please dont feel robbed, Hypex have made available a superb prduct for the DIY community even at the current prices you are build an amp that performs 3-5 times it price point, just be gratful please. It does incorporate a discret buffer, we have to add this. Plus there is alot more overhead in suppling 2 modules to one customer, I order 60 at a time. Negative words about the subject increase pressure on Hypex to instruct us to increase prices, everbody suffers and I get it in the neck. Prices available on my website.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
Please dont feel robbed, Hypex have made available a superb prduct for the DIY community even at the current prices you are build an amp that performs 3-5 times it price point, just be gratful please. It does incorporate a discret buffer, we have to add this. Plus there is alot more overhead in suppling 2 modules to one customer, I order 60 at a time. Negative words about the subject increase pressure on Hypex to instruct us to increase prices, everbody suffers and I get it in the neck. Prices available on my website.

This site needs a tongue-in-cheek emoji/emoticon. I'm well aware of the differences, Colin.*smile* Keep up the good work! *drinks*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts