Demo of speakers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. It was a journey that started on here 18 months ago, and I went down a different route and ended up changing the amp instead.

i opted for a Devialet 200 and I can honestly say it's blew my mind. I knew it deserved better speakers and now it has them. The Devialet is the real star of the show for me though .

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
nopiano said:
I'm a long-term user of sonus faber. Mine will be eighteen years old this year, and I still can't really fault them. I realise they are far from their top flight models, but were the best I could afford (the grand piano floor standers) .

Every so often I go to a demo of something new, like Linn Akubarik or KEF Blade and rarely feel that I'm missing out.

A few years ago I heard the PMC twenty series when they were launched. I like them all, and slightly favoured the smaller ones (21 and 23, I think). Subsequently, I enjoyed an afternoon with the fact .8 on the end of a Naim system as part of a Chord cable demo. I loved them! Last Sunday, I very much liked the 26 at the Bristol show. So, I'm a bit of a fan, though I'd not contemplate changing my current system piece meal.

Having also heard Devialet several times, they are pretty much my dream amp, and I can't imagine anything better than sf to go with them. Especially with SAM tuning. I'm sure the Olympicas are keepers!

Many thanks for a great thread!

Thank you for the kind words and really pleased you enjoyed it

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Womaz said:
i opted for a Devialet 200 and I can honestly say it's blew my mind. I knew it deserved better speakers and now it has them. The Devialet is the real star of the show for me though .

?

Ah, but there's no show without Punch! *wink*

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Womaz said:
Ah, but there's no show without Punch! *wink*

Also very true

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Womaz said:
Thanks guys. It was a journey that started on here 18 months ago, and I went down a different route and ended up changing the amp instead.

+1

The Devialet is a really remarkable device, especially with SAM enabled for your speakers.

Devialets seem to pair especially well with Sonus Faber.

TRENDING THREADS