Humming noise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a new Toshiba 37c3030 37"LCD TV and am very pleased with it. Sound is good and picture quality is excellent from both broadcast and from DVD's played through my Sony DVD player. But when playing a DVD there's a light humming sound when the scene is bright (no humming during dark scenes). This is my first LCD flat panel TV so I'm a bit of a novice. Any ideas what might be causing this? I have the DVD player connected with a scart lead.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Backlight noise? Could be - check on in the shop where you bought it and see whether that one does the same thing. Must admit hadn't noticed Toshibas as particularly noisy in this respect

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Andrew. I bought it online from Dixons (got a great price), but I didn't notice this humming sound on any Toshibas I viewed in a shop. I tried adjusting the backlight setting down to zero but it didn't make any difference to the noise.

As I mentioned previously, it only hums when playing a DVD and only in light scenes. When watching normal TV there is no humming at all, so could it be something to do with the DVD player or how it's connected to the TV?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Somehow I doubt it - it would be very unusual. Could be something to do with what the internal scaler is doing - that's the only way i could imagine it would depend on the brightness of the image.

A

Anonymous

Problem solved! It was a faulty scart lead. Used a new scart lead and no more humming... you could hear a pin drop now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts