Sonos Beam Gen 1 still no DTS post-update?.

Eddie982002

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi

I’m still can’t get my Gen 1 Sonos Beam to output DTS since the S2 app update to 13.4.1, which was meant to rectify the issue.

According to the app screen the Beam still plays all my DTS blu rays as PCM Stereo despite the disc player’s audio setting being set to Auto rather than PCM.

Any DD5.1 soundtracks played through it show correctly on the S2 app screen. I have checked this using DVDs on the disc player, broadcast tv (freeview and VirginMedia) and streaming apps through the TV and via an Amazon Fire Stick (which is plugged into the HDMI used by the Blu ray player).

The S2 app says the system is up to date. The app version is 13.4.1

The Blu Ray player is a Sony model from 2010 and it would output DTS soundtracks from my Blu ray collection when I used to own an Onkyo 5.1 system, which the Beam replaced.

The TV is a Sony Bravia KD49XG8305 from 2019.

Anyone with any ideas? Have I missed something?

Eddie982002

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi

I’m still can’t get my Gen 1 Sonos Beam to output DTS since the S2 app update to 13.4.1, which was meant to rectify the issue.

According to the app screen the Beam still plays all my DTS blu rays as PCM Stereo despite the disc player’s audio setting being set to Auto rather than PCM.

Any DD5.1 soundtracks played through it show correctly on the S2 app screen. I have checked this using DVDs on the disc player, broadcast tv (freeview and VirginMedia) and streaming apps through the TV and via an Amazon Fire Stick (which is plugged into the HDMI used by the Blu ray player).

The S2 app says the system is up to date. The app version is 13.4.1

The Blu Ray player is a Sony model from 2010 and it would output DTS soundtracks from my Blu ray collection when I used to own an Onkyo 5.1 system, which the Beam replaced.

The TV is a Sony Bravia KD49XG8305 from 2019.

Anyone with any ideas? Have I missed something?

FIXED! In the Bli Ray players audio settings I change the “BD Audio Mix” setting from On to Off and it is now outputting DTS5.1 to the Beam.

Reactions: Al ears and bigboss

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts