Humax Foxsat HDR

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Sadley mine just sits at boot now, having picked up an identicle unit used online, I swaped over the hard drives since I have a number of recordings that I would like to keep, the new unit sees all the files but will not play the HD file SD files are played without issue.

Now I understand that the original machine copy protects the HD recordings, is my only option to swap the drive back into the older unit and switch out the power supply, which appears online to be the route of most issues?

Gray

That's what I'd do, as it's so easy. Before swapping PSUs, check that the secondhand unit you've bought is in full working order (with its own HDD fitted)

I've got two of these Foxsat HDRs. One of them had a lock-up fault but, in my case, it was not the PSU that caused the problem.

The fault symptom was not quite the same as you've described, so give your option a go - put original HDD and 'new' PSU (once confirmed OK) in original Foxsat and see if it works.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have the Freeview version of your machine. I have gradually been buying physical media versions of (most of) my 'permanent' recordings in the last year whenever available.

No problems at all (so far) with reliability, but it's getting on a bit and you never know.

The last one I bought a few weeks ago ...

'All aboard ...'

daveh75

motley said:
Sadley mine just sits at boot now, having picked up an identicle unit used online, I swaped over the hard drives since I have a number of recordings that I would like to keep, the new unit sees all the files but will not play the HD file SD files are played without issue.

Now I understand that the original machine copy protects the HD recordings, is my only option to swap the drive back into the older unit and switch out the power supply, which appears online to be the route of most issues?

Have a look at Raydon's custom F/W + Nowster's HD patch for the HDR (I'm on my phone right now, so links are a PITA, but look on AVforums and hummy.tv for more info)

With those installed the HD encryption flag is disabled and you'll be free to do with as you wish with any HD recordings.

Though I should point out it wont help with any existing HD recordings, but any future ones will be encryption free

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Daveh75, will have a look at this, it was the existing recordings I really wanted to save but nothing life changing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts