HTC ONE X - great phone

AnotherJoe

New member
Jun 10, 2011
407
0
0
Visit site
My new HTC One X arrived this morning from Tesco Mobile and its very nice.

In fact I'm wondering how I used to manage with just a 4'' screen on my old HTC. This 4.7'' 720p screen is just fabulous, tried a BD rip just to test it and the video quality is the best I've ever seen - even better than on the PS Vita.

Already unlocked, and running a custom version of ICS - just waiting for it to resync my apps now...

Quite reasonable cost as well - for the best phone currently out there - £26/month with 300mins/unlimited texts/750MB data and free handset. I would have liked the white version, but the black version looks cool - dont even notice the bezel around the screen.

That quadcore CPU is fast - the browser is lightning fast - have download speed of around 6.5Mb/s (HSDPA) and get 920ms in sunspider with firefox if you like benchmarks, but the main feeling is that its just so fast, especially when switching between tasks using the 3d preview screen.

Battery seems ok so far considering that huge screen, left the 2hour bd rip running with full brightness and it had dropped to around 75%.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signalconnection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.
 

The_Lhc

Well-known member
Oct 16, 2008
1,176
1
19,195
Visit site
Tartan Man said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signalconnection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.

I've never had any problem with either of my HTC's, one of which was a Desire and that's on o2, who don't have the best coverage.
 

AnotherJoe

New member
Jun 10, 2011
407
0
0
Visit site
professorhat said:
It does look like an impressive bit of kit - just a little too big for my preferences.

I know what u mean. I was a bit dubious, but luckily it has almost no bezel, is only 9mm thin and being slightly curved means it fits quite nicely in the hand. I get full signal and high speed Hsdpa but then I'm in middle of Manchester. never had any problem with signal quality on orange/T-Mobile
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
The_Lhc said:
Tartan Man said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the phone connection like when you're out and about???. I've got an HTC Desire on Vodafone and the signalconnection is starting to drive me nuts. It drops phone calls and connections in no time. I've even tested it against other makes of phones next to one another and they get a much better signal than I do. I like HTC's but it's no use if I can't make phone calls.

I've never had any problem with either of my HTC's, one of which was a Desire and that's on o2, who don't have the best coverage.

The problems with my HTC Desire has only really started to get worse in the last couple of months. Whether it's down to my phone or network I can't say for certain. My dad and younger sister both have exactly the same phone (HTC Sensation),stay in the same house,bought at the same time and my dad's phone is always losing it's coverage, even when both phones are sitting next to one another.
 

Sliced Bread

Well-known member
professorhat said:
It does look like an impressive bit of kit - just a little too big for my preferences.

It was a concern for me too, but I've had one for a few days now and it is less noticeable in the pocket than my desire. it's a lot lighter and a bit thinner. I think the shape helps too.

All is good so far. I'm glad I waited and bought it instead of the xperia, which feels a little dated in comparison.

I won't be using the 14 Day money back guarantee :)
 

TRENDING THREADS