Question How well positioned are your loudspeakers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Like most people here, hifi for me these days is a compromise and it generally comes a poor second to other living room activities. It's just our family circumstances at this time. We don't want our teenagers locked away on their phones in their rooms, so the living room is generally used for gaming or TV. I would say my amps and speakers get more use watching films etc than they ever do for music. I think the last time I listened to an album was August. It will come around again though. Regarding speaker placement, I try to adhere to the triangle principle but in reality I don't really have the depth to let the speakers breathe as much as they should.

Attachments

• 20210322_171103.jpg
    20210322_171103.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 13

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Well that makes sense...... :)
Though not sure what wombats have to do with anything
the song" let´s dance to Joy Division" is Wombats only song i know and makes sense, if you haven´t heard it ,listen to it , found it funny. Joy Division was heard a lot in the 80´s as a alterrnative band that after the vocalist ended he´s life become New Order, some people i know didn´t knew this

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Like most people here, hifi for me these days is a compromise and it generally comes a poor second to other living room activities. It's just our family circumstances at this time. We don't want our teenagers locked away on their phones in their rooms, so the living room is generally used for gaming or TV. I would say my amps and speakers get more use watching films etc than they ever do for music. I think the last time I listened to an album was August. It will come around again though. Regarding speaker placement, I try to adhere to the triangle principle but in reality I don't really have the depth to let the speakers breathe as much as they should.
today most of the young families do that or a lot similar in their living rooms

Well observed Juzzie. They look similar to Norwegian, mine are two Maine Coones, Flynn (Red) and Zoyah (Mackeral, Tabby, Grey). :) Weighing 11 and 10 kilos, they scare the neighbours dog.

View attachment 7605
Any sensible dog would give a Maine Coone a wide berth..... :)
Interestingly enough WHF will not let me use the term without adding the E.....,
What's the world coming to?

Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts