How to make the setup menu appear on screen for Onkyo TX-SR606?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought this set about 1 week ago and pleased with the performance but cannot make the setup menu appear on screen thus setting this device is not possible fully.. I am using a composite video through the monitor out as I have not bought a HD tv as yet.. I know my monitor out is working normally as other sources shows display promptly but only the setup menu refuses to appear on screen.. Pls advise. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

The OSD is available from HDMI only. It doesn't say this in the manual - WELL DONE ONKYO!

A

Anonymous

What a sly move by Onkyo.. Think you might be right as I ask around the internet and the answer is the same.. Looks like I be without the menu for a while until I get a HD tv around next month or so..

A

Anonymous

Hallo,

I just bought the 606. Last page of the manual:

"Onscreen Setup Menus. The onscreen setup menus appear only on a TV that is connected to the HDM out. If your TV is connected to the composite video, S-Video, ... use the TX-SR606's display when changing settings "

Bart

A

Anonymous

Sly.. Forcing me to use a HDMI output when I dun have. Anyway I get a confirmation from the Onkyo ppl that must use the HDMI in order to show the screen.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm... awkward, perhaps, and maybe inconvenient, but sly?
sly play_w2("S0487700") (sl
imacr.gif
)adj. sli£er (sl
imacr.gif
prime.gif
schwa.gif
r) also sly£er, sli£est (sl
imacr.gif
prime.gif
ebreve.gif
st) also sly£est 1. Adept in craft or cunning.2. Lacking or marked by a lack of candor.3. Playfully mischievous; roguish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts