How do you choose which brand of audio/headset to buy?

Kiwi

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
What kind of source do you use when you choose your headphone?

Of couse, one of the sources could be the forum like "WHAT hi-fi", but do you use any other source?
Do you take into account the reccomendation from your close ones?
Do you use SNS for grasping the current trend (do you think headphones or audio accessories are fashinable item)?

I know this community for audio but if you can answer the same question in camera, please let me know.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I bought some Sony headphones because they scored well on this web site. Then I discoved that they didn't recieve a signal from my amp. So I bought a couple of gadgets to send the signal from my amp to my headphones. Neither worked. I'm now lost.

jjbomber

I bought some Sony headphones because they scored well on this web site. Then I discoved that they didn't recieve a signal from my amp. So I bought a couple of gadgets to send the signal from my amp to my headphones. Neither worked. I'm now lost.
At a guess they were bluetooth headphones. In that case, you need a Bluetooth sender from the amp, not a bluetooth receiver. If you want help, just post the specific details.

jjbomber

Thanks so very much. My amp is an Arcam SA20, and the headphones are Sony wH-1000xm3
You need to get a bluetooth transmitter. This plugs into the headphone output socket on the front of the SA20 with the supplied 3,5mm cable. Then it's a simple case of pairing the transmitter to your headphones.

There are lots of Bluetooth transmitters on Amazon. I use Eligiant, but there is a wide selection and it also depends on your budget. Make sure it's a transmitter and not just a receiver.

Good luck.

Reactions: Greenwich_Man

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
What other gadgets did you buy which didn't work?

And

Thanks for asking

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
You need to get a bluetooth transmitter. This plugs into the headphone output socket on the front of the SA20 with the supplied 3,5mm cable. Then it's a simple case of pairing the transmitter to your headphones.

There are lots of Bluetooth transmitters on Amazon. I use Eligiant, but there is a wide selection and it also depends on your budget. Make sure it's a transmitter and not just a receiver.

Good luck.

Thank you for that I will take a look

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site

Good luck.

I have ordered an Eligiant. And can't get it to work. I'm trying, plug it in. Turned on the amp and CD player. Press the button for more than 3 seconds. Then I turn on the headphones, but I can't get a signal from the amp.

I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas please?

jjbomber

I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas please?

Which model is it?

Make sure you have it set to transmit. The 3.5mm cable will go out of the headphone socket of the amp and into the Eligiant. That transmits the signal to the Sony headphones. Make sure the Sony headphones are first paired and also connected to the Eligiant.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Which model is it?

Make sure you have it set to transmit. The 3.5mm cable will go out of the headphone socket of the amp and into the Eligiant. That transmits the signal to the Sony headphones. Make sure the Sony headphones are first paired and also connected to the Eligiant.

Thank you.

Yes. It's in RX mode. How do I make sure the Sony headphones are first paired. It's an Elgiant bluetooth 5 transmiter. Cost £17.99 on Amazon

jjbomber

To pair, first put the Eligiant into TX mode. Make sure the headphones are switched on in pairing mode. Then hold the Eligiant next to your headphones as you turn the Eligiant on. Hold down the power button until it flashes blue (pairing mode). They will now pair up.

Next insert the 3.5mm into the Arcam headphone output with the other end of the cable in the Eligiant.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the music.

Any problems come straight back on here.

jjbomber

No the device is flashing blue.
The device will flash blue very fast in pairing mode, flash normally once it is paired and flash every few seconds when it is working. Once the headphones are updated, start from the start. Make sure the Sony headphones are in pairing mode. Hold down the on button until you get a rapid blue flashing and release your finger. Then you will get a double blue flash with a successful pairing.

There is a useful instruction video on the Amazon Elegiant page.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts