How do I download movies and watch them on my TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can someone tell me how to download movies (and from which site?) and then watch them on the big screen in my living room? Do I need to buy an external hard drive and then plug it in to my av receiver via usb to watch movies? I really have no idea, what do I do and what equipment do I need?

Kind Regards

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Aherm, do you really think people will answer that here?!! It is illegal unless you're paying for them. If you're paying for movies fair enough but again, do an online search. As for watching them, I doublt USB hard-drives work with your amp, you would need a media player e.g. WD HD Media player or a streaming device such as the PS3, PopcornHour, Xbox 360 etc. You can download films via Xboxlive and itunes for ££.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Lol classic,yes if you have an xbox 360 you can rent hd720p movies for 24 hours usage,playstation 3 are launching a hi-def movie service in november to and also apple tv is a good way to rent or buy both sd or hd.Looks like its the way its going.

A

Anonymous

Lmao, is it really illegal? Oops, honestly didnt realise! duh. The reason I asked was because I heard a couple of people say they watch them from an external hardrive and play them on their big screen. I just thought this sounds like a cheaper way of watching movies. Ha

Apologies then, will avoid that idea.

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Once you have downloaded the film, just buy a USB memory stick and put it on there. Costs like £15. Some tvs you can just plug the memory stick in to them (you can on new samsungs) or if you have an Xbox, you just plug it in to that and can watch it on your tv.

You can download films legally from itunes and other sites. Just google it.

A

Anonymous

Great, cheers Davro83.

Just been looking on currys website and I found a "Western Digital HD Media Player" and if I pair that with an external hard drive then I will be able to watch movies in HD through my tv - obviously only if I can find a website that will enable me to download HD content on to the external hard drive?

But going on what your saying, it sounds much cheaper if I just buy the hard drive and just play movies through my Xbox 360?

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
I wondered if you can buy movies through itunes, stick them on a memory stick or ipod and then play them through the xbox onto a big screen. Never wanted to waste a few quid trying it out but I know apple are very hot on their own file types/DRM so the idea they would let it play on a third party machine seems a bit far fetched to me - restricting it would keep the sales of Apple TV up
emotion-7.gif

Andy - I can recommend the Xbox Marketplace for downloading plus LoveFilm have just released a trial of watching films online and Samsung have a movie store but I don't know if that's just for mobile devices. Any films bought as WMV files will easily play on the xbox from a memory stick or could be streamed to it on your wireless network using the Windows Media Extender. Be very careful when searching online for downloading movies as there are a lot of companies out there which look very legit flogging software and packages which to all intents and purposes pop you in the realm of the pirates and liable for very large fines if you get caught! My advice is to only use very reputable companies...

Ben.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
As pointed out already, most (if not all) legal sites use DRM to prevent you from doing this. So you can't download a movie from iTunes and then burn it to DVD without removing the DRM which is in itself an illegal act.

Without doubt, the easiest way to legally achieve this is to get an Xbox 360 or an Apple TV, or wait for the PS3 movie service coming in November - depends which of those devices tickles your fancy.

Alternatively, you could get Sky HD which gives you access to Sky Anytime which is very similar. Or you could get something like BT Vision or Virgin V+ which also have movies on demand, some in HD I think.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I download movies from a legal site , HD films 720p or 1080p are about £3.50 and Divx are about £1.25 with no DRM ,

Movie Pro is the one i use most but there are others . You download the film and stick it onto your USB device and plug it in your media player and of you go , but it depends on what media player you use to watch your HD films you may need to convert the sound before you watch it, which is easily done

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts