How can I

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Slip in an upgrade without the missus finding out. She's not so stupid to not notice a new box... But I've promised I won't spend any more on hifi for a while, and you know how it is, once you're living the dream you need a pep every so often Having said all this I'm well chuffed with what I have so I should stop. What's a boy to do????

A

Anonymous

How about a MF 550K Supercharger? You could lay it under the floor boards or behind the kit. Failing that you could try some different interconnects. Or how about a sub hidden in the frame of the sofa? A nice big one that just tickles the low frequencies with a little punch...she might even enjoy it...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]How about a MF 550K Supercharger? You could lay it under the floor boards or behind the kit. Failing that you could try some different interconnects. Or how about a sub hidden in the frame of the sofa? A nice big one that just tickles the low frequencies with a little punch...she might even enjoy it...[/quote]

lol, but the superchargers don't work in a biamp set up, and I have a new interconnect on its way (hee hee)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm so in the same box as you currently Joel...

It's fun but a lil nerve wracking! I've got quite a few Strongman comps coming up soon as well which are costing a bit of £££ for travelling and stopping over and she knows i'm looking at new seperates etc...

She's got her system which she's happy with and i know i've been building my AV system for the living room but my hifi isnt how i'd want it to be, well ive got the speakers which i'm v happy with, but the amp(s) i want to change and possiby the CD player.

Id say just go for it and get her some really nice flowers at the same time, and i dont mean from Sainsburys or M&S etc... Go to a decent local market gardners or florists and spend a good few £££ on her!!! Just cos you can!

A

Anonymous

I lolled, today my girlfriend was over at my house, and she just noticed my CD17, even though I've had it for quite a while. She doesn't usually pay attention to my stuff, but today she did. She proclaimed I'm spending way too much on this hobby, and I didn't have to guts to tell her that I'm already looking at changing my speakers and possibly the amplifier.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jan Hibma"]I lolled, today my girlfriend was over at my house, and she just noticed my CD17, even though I've had it for quite a while. She doesn't usually pay attention to my stuff, but today she did. She proclaimed I'm spending way too much on this hobby, and I didn't have to guts to tell her that I'm already looking at changing my speakers and possibly the amplifier.[/quote]

lol, you naughty boy!

They just don't get it do they! (Clare excepted)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I'm so in the same box as you currently Joel...

It's fun but a lil nerve wracking! I've got quite a few Strongman comps coming up soon as well which are costing a bit of £££ for travelling and stopping over and she knows i'm looking at new seperates etc...[/quote]

A couple of power amps for the Strongman!

My missus thinks I'm the girl of the house as I'm more interested in cooking than her, and the utensils that go with it. I reckon it's just a personality thing, if you enjoy something then you strive to make it better and better...not much of a strongman but I'm pretty decent at footie and drinking wine!

Oh and I make a lovely cottage pie with horseradish and parsnip mash.

I'll get me coat

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Haha same here...

I do all the cooking, spend £300 on a new set of knives and some new Le Creuset pans last weekend (she allowed that though as she knows i can cook...) Still not sussed out though how shes still just under 8.5 stone and i'm just shy of 21stone! We eat the same food...

I'm no good at footy, the balls the wrong shape to begin with, spent 14 years chasing after a rugby ball. I love wine, especially a good meaty Red (Chateauneuf Du Pape, Chateau Musar, a good Pinot Noir or Pinotage) but i'm useless at drinking, one glass and ive had enough.

Strongmans my game and stress relief after work! All drug free too which makes it harder as it takes longer to recover etc... All good fun tho as is the hifi... Its just that 'she' notices things... Hmmm....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
21 stone? Hmmm, maybe I won't upset you then fella.

I agree with the CdPape, and I heartily recommend a nice Fleurie or Medoc, none of this Antipodean nonsense, a bit like Japanese hifi....average!

Footie is the game, none of this peanut hugging anyone can do that who is vaguely sporty. First time I ever played Rugby I managed to get picked for the first team at school, that would never happen in footie as you need to be able to use your feet rather than just catch and run.

Also if she's under 8.5 stone, I hope you're careful you don;t squash the poor mite

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]

I agree with the CdPape, and I heartily recommend a nice Fleurie or Medoc, none of this Antipodean nonsense, a bit like Japanese hifi....average!

[/quote]

gsindifferent.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="JoelSim"]Slip in an upgrade without the missus finding out. She's not so stupid to not notice a new box...[/quote]Easy.[/quote]

Yes I'll also slip a tasty french girl into my bed too, and see if she notices...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jan Hibma"][quote user="JoelSim"]

[/quote]

gsindifferent.gif
[/quote]

'fraid they don't do it for me Jan.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
The underlying assumptions of this thread read like the off-cuts of a Terry & June script. Truly terrible in all senses, but it made me laugh for all the wrong reasons. Apart from the bit about wine. Which wasn't quite so archaic in it's representation of the social and cultural lives of some WHF forum posters.

Must dash, got to write up my "Unreconstructed Male In The New Era" dissertation. It's part of my PhD in Flawed Concepts: Chauvinism For All (The Soap Box Years)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]This thread reads like the off-cuts of a Terry & June script. Truly terrible, in all senses. Apart from the bit about wine.[/quote]

Made me laugh

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Having just read your other post, how about taking some of those smelly towels and things from your bathroom and try some acoustic treatment in your listening room. If she moans at that, wash the towels to get in her good books and buy nice new curtains for that harsh sounding window. She might thank you for it and she'll never realize it's an upgrade.

John Duncan

[quote user="Charlie Jefferson"]The underlying assumptions of this thread read like the off-cuts of a Terry & June script. Truly terrible in all senses, but it made me laugh for all the wrong reasons. Apart from the bit about wine. Which wasn't quite so archaic in it's representation of the social and cultural lives of some WHF forum posters.

Must dash, got to write up my "Unreconstructed Male In The New Era" dissertation. It's part of my PhD in Flawed Concepts: Chauvinism For All (The Soap Box Years)[/quote]

Why are Hob Nobs chauvinistic? Is it the 'Nobs' bit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts