High quality wall mount system for small room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Having survived for 8 years with my trusty B&W 601s, X-A1 amp, Marantz KI Sig CD and a Pioneer DVD.....i've finally gained senior signoff (wife has said yes:)) to upgrade to a decent home cinema system in a small but perfectly formed family room. It will be approx 13' x 11' and pretty much dedicated to home cinema.

The system needs to also drive (via the X-A1) some ceiling mounted speakers in 2 separate zones for music (analogue). Working with a local hifi shop we've come up with the following for the guts of the system:

- Denon 4308A amp - multiroom, network capability........can run 5.1 in the front room and drive speakers in backroom in parallel as long as i'm using the X-A1 to provide the drive for one of the rooms

- B&W FPM5s (fronts), FPM2s and B&W PV1; key criteria is with room size want this to look really neat and sound great. I've done an initial test of the FPMs and they're crystal clear but lacking a bit of oomph (still sounded cool though)

Just wondering what the views were with this set-up ? Denon clearly a good amp although concensus on whathifi/web seems to be a little overpriced - wondering whether the Pioneer LX81 could do the same thing (bar the wi-fi) for £600 less ?? Not much info around on the FPMs.

Any thoughts, suggestions ?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Not heard the FPMs myself, but I can vouch for the M1s sounding great. They're inobtrusive, and available in either white, black or silver.

Have you heard the PV1 yet? You'll luuuuurve it!!!!

TRENDING THREADS