High pitched Beep on new Sky Box?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I just got a new amstrad, the 500gb one, and it looks and performs great.

But I am running a HDMI and optical to my amp and everytime I change the channel to a HD channel it goes BEEP Really quick, but it is ear piercing.

Has anyone had this before, its only on BBC and Euro sports really that I can tell so far.

Thanks

Also does anyone know why HD is so much quiter that SD TV?

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Haven't come across that before, but then I have a Samsung box and not the Amstrad.
My system only beeps a lot when the wife is watching Jerry Springer but that's normal.

As far as the volume difference, I can't say I've noticed but then again my Onkyo 607 does a great job of adjusting all the input levels to the same volume so I probably wouldn't notice a discrepancy anyway.

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
HD channels are encoding in either 2.0 or 5.1 Dolby Digital - DD has specific requirements to enable a wide dynamic range. Unlike SD channels which us a compressed form of PCM which makes everything appear louder - or actually all the same level

A

Anonymous

Do you think I need a new optical ?

I cant understand why it only does it on bbc and euroports with the electric beep sound.

Its sounds like the speakers are switching over andjust goes beep, but funny only on those two channels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts