Hi Grade Cable for Treble or Bass ?


Well-known member
Feb 20, 2008
When I moved into my house I made the effort to bry all my cables in my walls for surround sound, uneducated as I was then I used a cheap reel of CPC speaker cable. About £20 for 40M !! Since then I have upgraded everything to quite a high end standard. I have a Pioneer SC-LX85 and Tannoy Revolution Signature speakers. So...I am now Bi amping my fronts using the cable in the waals for the bass and wnat to buy some high grade cable for the treble (I will just run this along the skirting I just want your opinion to whether I should Use the high grade cable for the treble or the bass ? I can get away with running one lot of cable along the wood floor / skirting but not 2 loads


Well-known member
Feb 23, 2011
Why don't you just try for yourself and swap the cables back and forth between the treble and the bass, then come back on the forum and tell us your opinion's. It will be interesting to see if you can hear any difference between them.
Aug 5, 2008
Hello umbucker,

The generally accepted wisdom on this question is that you should use the best cable on the HF (treble) side. The thinking being that everyone's ears are more sensitive to shortcomings in high frequency sounds than they are to low frequency notes.

Having said that, 'Eggontoast' has made an excellent suggestion. As with so many things in life, if it's possible (and not dangerous) why not simply try it and see?

Best regards,

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (QED)


Latest posts