Hi Fi upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had a Linn Klassik tuner/amplifier/cd player for some years. I recently bought a pair of Spendor A5 speakers and a Velodyne SPL-800R sub-bass.

I now feel that with these speakers the Klassik needs upgrading. I have a budget of up to around £2500.

The January report on the Cyrus CD 6 SE and Cyrus 6 XP looks interesting along with the Cyrus DAB 8.0 tuner perhaps.

Advice please.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I can only suggest an audition. At that level of spend then try Cyrus, Arcam, Naim, Moon, Primare, Cambridge Audio etc etc. Ask your dealer to recommend some as all these brands have slightly different strengths and weaknesses, and indeed sonic qualities. Completely depends on what sort of sound you like.

A

Anonymous

id add audio analogue unison research and electrocompaniet to those joel has mentioned and perhaps the yba design range though havent heard them yet

Another addition is.......err, Leema
emotion-41.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Fred Davies:
... I recently bought a pair of Spendor A5 speakers and a Velodyne SPL-800R sub-bass.

I now feel that with these speakers the Klassik needs upgrading. I have a budget of up to around £2500.

The January report on the Cyrus CD 6 SE and Cyrus 6 XP looks interesting along with the Cyrus DAB 8.0 tuner perhaps.

Advice please.

I assume you bought your speakers from a dealer which demonstrated them with electronics good enough for you to have decided to buy them? What did he/she use, what do they suggest ... ?

A

Anonymous

Thank you all gentlemen. I now have plenty of food for thought.

Sadly at the age of 83 I don't understand much of the jargon.

I just like good, loud, realistic classical music!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts