HI-Fi Game Changers for 2024?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

podknocker

Or a dealer who doesn't stock a product so tries to rubbish it?
This is true. 'You don't want that Eversolo nonsense, but some expensive Linn kit from my shop'.

With a nice commission I don't doubt.

Many people on here want to rubbish the product, but then say they have no interest in streamers.

You'd think anyone unwilling to watch the reviews, would be the last person to give advice.

Last edited:
Yes, it's catch 22 really. You need it in shops to be visible and get people looking. It will only be in shops, if people want it and shops get the stock levels to satisfy demand. There are some very unfair and biased youtube reviews, but there are just as many honest and decent people, just wanting to give a balanced review and share their enthusiasm. There are some negative reviews and some positive reviews for just about anything you can buy.
Agreed.

There will never be a situation where a dealer will stock all the models made by one brand. Exactly the same with Unilet, they are Leema dealers yet they only stock the Tucana and Elements. For sure they can order other Leema products, but what happens if you don't like it?

Reactions: Jasonovich

WayneKerr

Some people on here want to rubbish the product, but then say they have no interest in streamers.

You'd think anyone unwilling to watch the reviews, would be the last person to give advice.
Yes, I have no interest in streamers and no I have not attempted to rubbish the product.... just the ridiculous hype. I don't give advice, just opinions.
Here's an opinion - Buy one, listen to it, let us know your thoughts and I still wouldn't buy one cos I don't need it.

Reactions: daveh75

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Well it won’t be long before someone buys one based on the hype and is left disappointed, as we’ve seen with the A6, so you might be able to pick one up cheaper.

Expectation is everything, and when products are built up like this, they end up becoming a disappointment to a wider audience.
It's always important to manage one's expectation but as an owner of an Eversolo product it has met my expectation over and above. The sound and build quality is top notch and user interface is intuitive.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Where there's a popular product, there's a bandwagon to jump on.
This linear power supply is for the A6....how long before the A8 gets one?

You won't be able to settle for the standard PSU when you know it can be 'bettered' ;)
'Designed for critical audiophiles' (and / or anyone with spare cash).
Tha A8 already has a linear power supply.

Reactions: Gray
It's not just a streamer.
Chances are if it's a streamer/amp it could struggle against budget good quality integrateds.

Experienced this with the Linn Sneaky. It was ultimately a streamer -- which was very good as sub-thousand pound streamers go - but the amp left a lot to be desired.

This confirms the old maxim: those who think they are strong everywhere are in fact weak everywhere.

It might tick some boxes but fall short in others. Until you hear one, there's no true way of knowing.

Reactions: davidf

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
The Alpha 7R was a really good budget amp in its day. Only used now a stand by amp, although how it would cope with the Dali 4 ohm speakers is another matter altogether. That little 40 watter can struggle with challenging speakers.
It certainly stood the test of time. I believe my cousin still has a working A&R Cambridge A60 (1979). I think this was their maiden amp that launched the company.
You could say it was a game changer 😏

People not knowing how to use a certain feature like DSP for example, doesn't mean the feature shouldn't be there in the first place. It's nice having a DSP app similar to Dirac correction. I've watched all the videos and read all the articles and it cannot sound terrible. It really doesn't appear to have been rushed and thrown together and does look like a very high quality, professional one box solution. Eversolo might prefer direct only sales, rather than allow many sites to place this in a bundle with an amp and speakers which could possibly not allow this streamer to give its best.
Does it offer measurement? Will it correct phase issues? I doubt it. I presume it’s just a manual user EQ? If so, it’s not like DIRAC.

podknocker

Where there's a popular product, there's a bandwagon to jump on.
This linear power supply is for the A6....how long before the A8 gets one?

You won't be able to settle for the standard PSU when you know it can be 'bettered' ;)
'Designed for critical audiophiles' (and / or anyone with spare cash).
I didn't realise you could upgrade the PSU on Eversolo devices. I think that's a great idea having a modular approach. Just a few screws and a pair of 8 pin power connectors I think and you're done. It won't be Linn money either.

Last edited:

Gray

I didn't realise you could upgrade the PSU on Eversolo devices. I think that's a great idea having a modular approach. Just a few screws and a pair of 8 pin power connectors I think and you're done. It won't be Linn money either.
I don't think that was Eversolo's intention - and it will certainly void the warranty.

Needless to say, at least one reviewer so far, has reported an improvement with the linear supply.
(The report might have been relevant had he been doing a blind comparison between units with different PSUs).

Reactions: WayneKerr

nightanddaygamechangers

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
This changes the game?

Can a remote control be a Game Changer?

Oh in addition game changer remote (ok that was a tease :) ), we have the Game changer Amp?
The beautiful Buchardt I150 integrated amp is like the D class Fosi but on a premium level.

View: https://youtu.be/Gps04FEDIDQ?si=scIIwGuFYVrFJ2q1
View: https://youtu.be/33-UCrCk824?si=6N72SPFXxFOQSpRL
Well as it was launched 18 months ago and this is the first you’ve heard of it I’d say that’s a negatory.

For room correction Lyngdorf is a bit more established.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS