Help with Termination - QED XT-400

chasefrench

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired 24 feet of QED XTube-400 for a very good price. However it isn terminated. I purchased a set of 4 of the QED screw lock banana plugs however the diameter of the screwlock is 4mm while the cable is 6mm? Does anyone have experience with this cable? Are you meant to cut out the "airtube" in the middle of this cable so that it fits in the banana plugs? Or Are you meant to purchase a wider diameter banana plug? Does anyone have experience with these? http://www.qed-cable-shop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=405{2}46 It says they have 8mm diameter. If I buy the larger diameter "airloc" plugs, can I terminate them at home Hope someone can help

John Duncan

I have some QED Revelation that was, um, unterminated by me, and it was a bit of a faff to strip out the middle tube and take the plastic wrapping off every strand round the outside, but I managed it in the end. That's probably what you need to do, unless you take it to a QED dealer and get it properly terminated with Airlocs again (which isn't such a bad idea...)

TRENDING THREADS