Help with running in and speaker cable for Kef R100 speakers & Arcam Solo Movie 2.1

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
:quest: Hi, please may I ask for help with what is the best (and hopefully quickest) way to run in my brand new Kef R100 speaker (RRP £600 but managed to haggle Sevenoaks down to £500). I would also appreciate help choosing the most appropriate speaker cables. I only need a 2m pair of speaker cables to connect to my latest £60 ebay bargain of an Arcam Solo Movie 2.1. I'm currently considering either Atlas Hyper 2.0 or 3.0 and would be keen to know which would suit best. As the Kef speakers have metal tweeters I don't want them to sound too bright as I listen to mainly acoustic music. Finally should I go for bare wire, Atlas crimp or QED Airloc 4mm banana plugs? Many thanks, Stuart

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Use them as you normally would. You can also leave them playing overnight or while you are out at work, etc.

Either Atlas should be fine. Don't believe the hype about metal tweeters sounding hard or bright. Silver cable can be a little brighter, so as long as you avoid silver/silver plated cable you should be fine.

Personally I like banana plugs because they make it easier.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advise. My current speaker cable is QED Silver Anniversay and I don't think it matches well. Anyone know if the Hyper 3.0 is worth the extra £ over the 2.0 with my R100. I've never bi wired my speakers but the R100 have that option but my amp doesn't so it would be a 2 to 4 which I've never understood why this might be better than 2 to 2 (the R100 have the cool new link system) but I'm willing to try it if people think it is advantageous to the sound quality. Thanks, Stuart

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Just play them but not too loud. As for cables I would look out for Van Damme OFC which is about £3-£5 a metre, there are suppliers or shops on ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts