Interconnects/speaker cable help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear What HIFI audiophiles,

Please give your recommendations on what interconnects and speaker cable to use on the following system:

Rotel RC-1550 Stereo Preamplifier
RB-1562 2-channel power amplifier
Marantz CD6300 CD Player
Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 Floorstanding Speakers

I've heard 10% of total system cost is a good rule of thumb when purchasing these items, in this case that would give me around $365 (Aussie dollars) or around 200 pounds

So far I have come up with this:
2x -Chord CrimsonPlus, 2 RCA to 2 RCA Audio Cable 1m
QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Bi-Wire Cable 2m, Plugs Banana AIRLOC, Termination Both Ends: 8 Plugs
Sub-total: £195.20 = $342.794 AUD

Looking forward to your opinions, thanks :--)

T

the record spot

Interconnect: http://www.computergear.co.uk/Productdetail.asp?Id=2026

Less than £10. I use the 2m version which was £7. Yes, it's that cheap. Yes, it does the job. No, the kit already sounded brilliant and doesn't suffer in any way from using pro-audio generic type cabling from the brand named stuff in a fancy box. Very highly recommended.

10% of a total cost of a system? Not any more.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
emotion-1.gif
hut:

Dear What HIFI audiophiles,

Please give your recommendations on what interconnects and speaker cable to use on the following system:

Rotel RC-1550 Stereo Preamplifier
RB-1562 2-channel power amplifier
Marantz CD6300 CD Player
Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 Floorstanding Speakers

I've heard 10% of total system cost is a good rule of thumb when purchasing these items, in this case that would give me around $365 (Aussie dollars) or around 200 pounds

So far I have come up with this:
2x -Chord CrimsonPlus, 2 RCA to 2 RCA Audio Cable 1m
QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Bi-Wire Cable 2m, Plugs Banana AIRLOC, Termination Both Ends: 8 Plugs
Sub-total: £195.20 = $342.794 AUD

Looking forward to your opinions, thanks :--)

Hi,

Yes another Aussie welcome
emotion-1.gif

Chord crimson ($100 - $130 m) or Kimber pbj ($35m + 4 eichmann plugs $70) Total $ 200- $250

Chord silverscreen $20m (6m) $120 + $20- $30 plugs = $140 -$150

Total = Approx $350 - $400

If you need to know where to buy for good price I can let you know.

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:

idc:x2 with AL13N's recommendations.

and a vote from me

and me

A

Anonymous

Not so sure about the qed speaker cable, it could be a tad bright with your electronics. I also think you can do better for not much more. Its DNM precision or even dnm reson for me. Excellent neutral cables that go well with almost any kit but are especially well suited to electronics or speakers that might be on the bright side of neutral. You will get some people telling you to spend peanuts on cables but If you can hear a difference using better cables, spend your cash and enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts