QED XT Evolution Speaker Cable - do I need the airloc termination?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the process of upgrading my speakers for my 5.1 system. I have a Sony STR-DG910 amp & have never upgraded the speakers from my old Sony satellites until now.

I have bought some Wharfedale Achromatic WT-8 Front towers & I'm ordering the centre speaker to match, I've also just ordered a set of Q Acoustics Q AV rear surrounds. I thought to myself that I also need to get some decent speaker wire as I've been using the thin rubbish that you get for free with your speakers etc.

I bought some QED micro speaker cable for the rear surrounds & QED XT Evolution Speaker Cable for the front three speakers. I ordered it unterminated to use bare wire & then realised that I need some banana plugs to be able to connect the XT Evolution as it's quite thick & won't fit in the holes to clamp down on. I started looking for some banana plugs & naturally came across the QED airloc but soon realised that they need to be fitted professionally, too late I've already got the cable.

I also started to strip one piece & came across the thin plastic wrap under the plastic insulation that is round the wire, does this need to stay in place or cut it away?

What do I do now, send the cable back to be fitted with airloc or buy the screwloc plugs so I can do it myself? I just don't want to go to the trouble of spending the cash on the cable to then not use it correctly by fitting he wrong plugs. Or can it be used bare wire & if so how do it & will it make a difference to the quality?

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/qed-xt-evolution-speaker-cable-p-2823.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts