Help with Cyrus AV setup (Cyrus experts please give advice)

eyelesspilot

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Cyrus Discmaster 8.o Qx
AV Master 8.0
Integrated 8 AvS2
Two X power (power amps)

Stereo left and right B&W DM602 S2
Centre B&W HTM61
Rear left and Right B&W 686
Sub Rel Quake

I have set this system up so far and it works however there are many setup options with this kit.

I currently run the Integrated 8VS2 for the front left and right.
The AV master powers the sub and is set to SURR
one x power for the rear left and right
and one x power driving the centre in mono

Is this the optimum for this setup? Is there a better way of setting up this system?
I am new to Cyrus having moved from a Rotel system and this is my first AV system
Any Cyrus enthusiast help and ideas appreciated.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The AV Master has 3 channels of amplification, which won't be as good as the X Power. I'd use the X Power you're using for the rears and use it to drive the front 602's, and use the AV Master's internal amplification to drive the rear pair. At lest then you have X Powers driving the all important front three speakers. You could use your 8vs2 as a power amp to drive the rear speakers.

It all depends what you want from the system - if you're happy putting all your sources through the AV Master, the 8vs2 won't really be needed.

Messiah

I think David has some good suggestions and it does depend what you are after.

If it were me I would consider getting rid of the 8vs2 amp in favour of another X Power. I would then use the AV master as a pre-amp and use one X Power for the fronts, one for the centre and one for the rears.

A

Anonymous

I have à very similar setup and question.

I have available:
Discmaster 8.0
Integrated 8vs2
Av master 8.0
Dab 8.0
8 power
Psx-r

Audio physic tempo floor standers for front, audio physic yara center, b&w ds6 rear (side). Rel quake sub.

At present, the fronts are driven through the integrated 8vs2, the center, rears and sub via the av master. 8 power is unused. I have a sonos network for digital archive.

Now all nice stuff to play with but insufficient knowledge on my part to get this to an optimal configuration. Who can help? Adding or exchanging components is an option.

Regs,

Harald

A

Anonymous

So you suggest: Discmaster, dab, sonos connect to avmaster. Av master feeds rears, sub, center and 8 power. 8 power feeds fronts. And then I'd have the 8vs2 to use as extra sonos zone, correct? As in parallel I am looking for a new setup for the kitchen/dining room, that would be a nice bonus as adding a sonos zp90 would be sufficient then. That doesn't need to be a very sophisticated setup. The psx-r would be best at the 8 power for clean stereo sound or better at the av master as a clean feed to the 8 power? Would adding one to feed both with clean mains power really make an impact? Regs, Harald

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the layout of my post, seems this forum isn't fully iPad ready yet...

Regs,

Harald

TRENDING THREADS