Help with 3d glasses, dongle and sound bar

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all new to the forum and require your expert advice please.
I have just purchased Lg 50 in plasma 3d smart tv model lg50pm470t.My questions are , the unit requires a dongle does it have to be a Lg dongle or will any do, I also require 3d active glasses can I use any active branded or do they have to match the tv model, and lastly would a sound bar add to the enjoyment.Sorry to ask such basic questions but I don't have a clue.ThanksPaul

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Why didn't you ask these questions while you were at John Lewis?

Anywyay, I'm not quite sure, but I'm fairly certain that it would have to be an LG dongle. And LG active 3D glasses. You will need to check that both the dongle and the glasses are suitable for your particular model of LG television, not any old LG model. For instance, the glasses that you will be getting won't suit my LG60PZ950T television. A sound bar would certainly be better than the typically weedy TV sound, but 5.1 separates would be better still.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think you'll need to buy LG's active 3D glasses. These universal 3D glasses are apparently extremely good (better than manufacturers' own according to customer reviews), but not listed as compatible with any LG televisions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pairs-3D3-A1112-Universal-3D-TV-Eyewear-Active-Shutter-RF-Glasses-/290774487420?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_3D_TV_Glasses_Accessories&hash=item43b382917c

However, the manufacturer/retailer states that you can email them to check about compatibility with other brands and models, so it's worth a go. If they will work with your LG, they would seem a sensible purchase. I'm probably going to buy a pair myself in the near future.

As Son of SJ states, a decent soundbar will certainly represent an improvement on your television's inbuilt speakers.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe he was excited when he was purchasing the TV.. Hence him forgetting to ask..! Why could you have not responded to him without stating the obvious?

A

Anonymous

Thanks all I bought the tv on line hence the reason I asked on this forum

paul

TRENDING THREADS