help to choose interconnect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the following set:

1. Denon DCD 1500AE + Denon PMA 1500AE

2. Monitor Audio Silver SX6

3. Atlas Hyper 2.0

What interconnect you would suggest? The price range 100-170 GBP?

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

SK

A

Anonymous

Either the Van den hul the wave, or chord one for around £100 each.

Hi skrempa

I too will recommend Van Den Hul's The Integration Hybrid. A superb cable and hence why it is been my overall reference for ten years.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano

I used to have the same Denon kit as you. The amp is prone to a slight lift at the frequency extremes, almost as if the bass and treble are both set at +1. Very good kit but you need to be careful that any cable does not accentuate this characteristic. Consequently I would avoid Chord Chameleon Silver + and stick to the VDH instead.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick reaction.

Matthewpiano - I just yesterday had for tests Chord Cameleon S+ - fully agree, this is not good IC for me - the sound was somehow woolly. I may then try vdH - the problem with it is that I may not be able to find a place nearby me to take it for tests. So I may decide to risk and buy without listenting..
emotion-1.gif
. The option may be to choose a store when I can return, just in case.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have used Chord Chameleon Silver + with my Cyrus system with reasonable results. After a very favourable review I purchased some Van Den Hul Orchid inter-connects as an upgrade with stunningly good results, as good as upgrading the amplifier. I much prefered them to the Chord Signature cables that I listened to as a alternative. It was only when I upgraded to Chord Indigo that I got a worthwhile improvement. You could get the Orchids (last time I looked) for about £180.

T

the record spot

I'd check out cheaper alternatives and concentrate on the physical contruction of the wire (i.e., what the thing's made up of). If you find the same construction, or similar, then try out the cheaper one first - or compare and contrast both if you can. The money saved might buy you a bunch of discs or downloads or the like and you may be surprised.

A

Anonymous

Just re-read the thread. As you have the Atlas hyper 2 speaker cable, why not go for the atlas equator mk2 interconnect.

They will match very well. I have this on my tuner, but before that it was between the rega and creek amp, sounds weighty and detailled.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
skrempa:

Thanks for your quick reaction.

Matthewpiano - I just yesterday had for tests Chord Cameleon S+ - fully agree, this is not good IC for me - the sound was somehow woolly. I may then try vdH - the problem with it is that I may not be able to find a place nearby me to take it for tests. So I may decide to risk and buy without listenting..
emotion-1.gif
. The option may be to choose a store when I can return, just in case.

H

Hi,

I wouldn't call chord woolly - has the cable being broken in - it changes quite a bit - the soundstage opens up and image becomes more defined and alive. The van denhul I found to harsh in the mids for my taste, and rolled off at the top end. Before buying the vandenhul test it on your system.

Interesting in the latest hifi news review Jan 2010 comparing 12 interconnects the vandenhul the well came last in the sound stakes - saying it was overly smooth and lush lacks vibrancy. Sorry to mention this - as I have bought interconnects before testing them on my system and found they didnt match at all.

Atlas and Merlin have had some good reviews. If you want a cable that can brighetn up a system Nordost blue heaven - however it is a little lean and bright on some systems - its fast detailed and punchy. The kimber timbre or pbj are good interconnects as well - not as lean but not as detailed as the Nordost.

All the best.

Cheers,

Steve.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
May I suggest a "used" Chord Chorus.

I have just bought one off fleabay (about £90) and replaced my Chameleon between my CDP and AMP.

Where the Chameleon has punch and dynamics I found in my system that the highs sounded at times harsh.

Plugged in the Chorus today and the lower frequencies are amazing all the dynamics of the Chameleon but with greater control and timing. The midrange is crystal clear as always but the highs are now sweet and not at all harsh on any of my test tracks.

The detail level increases significantly between the Chameleon and Chorus. Did not realise what I was missing

All good so far, just a shame Chord cannot fit 5 pin din connectors to Chorus :-(.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for your comments. I will test a few IC and will let you know the results.

KR
S.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Also check out the Silver High Breed website (or fleabay).

They have a money back guarantee so you can't go wrong (10 day trial period with full refund including return postage).

A

Anonymous

An atlas interconnect could be the way to go. Would match up well with your cable and those metal tweeters. I had a VDH integration hybrid and thought it was good but made the bass a little soft on my system. If you go for the VDH you could pick one up on e bay usually for about £45.

A

Anonymous

True blue, could not agree more about the chorus. It is a belter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts