Help Please : Is this a good deal on a Panasonic TH50PZ800 Plasma TV? Also want to know what I should do for a Surround Sound Package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to purchase a Panasonic TH50PZ800 Plasma TV along with the cabinet stand and 5 year warranty for £2000. Is this a good deal?

I also want to know what I should do for a Blu ray player and surround sound system.

Should I go for the Panasonic SCBT100 all in one package for £720.00

Or should I go for a DMPBD30 Panasonic Blu-ray player and a TXSR606B Onkyo AV Amp? If so, what speakers would you recommned?

I am new to this but would like to buy the right package. Working on a total budget in the region of £2500 to £2800.

Many thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Chrish1979:

I am just about to purchase a Panasonic TH50PZ800 Plasma TV along with the cabinet stand and 5 year warranty for £2000. Is this a good deal?IIf your contemplating spending this money, then you are almost in reach of the Pioneer LX5090 at around £2300ish, with a 5yr Pioneer warranty when bought in-store. By all accounts this is the best. Or you can get the cheaper (HD Ready, last years model) Pioneer 5080XD for £1600 with 5yr guarantee from TLC Broadcast.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Forget the panasonic SCBT 100 as it only gets 3 stars in this months WHFS&V magazine due to its poor audio.
Your best bet is to go for the onkyo TX-SR606 & panasonics DMP-BD30 like you suggested, i can't help you with your speaker set up though, you could try reading the home cinema forums and see what everybody else is saying about speakers.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes its a good buy but I agree with with rewerb, you could go for the LX5090 if you want the best plasma around at the moment and compromise on seperates or the older model 508 still a great tv and about £800 cheaper.Wall mount the tv if possible, and then you would have a decent buget for av package start with the Onkyo 875 for £599 and try these Tannoy arenas (style speakers good for movies and music or traditional speakers such as Tannoy Mercury Customs F1 standmounted or with F4 floorstanders and F1 for rears add some Chord Silver Screen speaker cables and youve got a gret package all round Frank Harvey does good deals on Tannoy f customs and may be Richer Sounds for the style ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts