Help needed with speaker options for new flat!

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

First of all I apologise for being fairly clueless about all this!!

Basically I have a new flat and a 46 inch Samsung TV in the corner of a square-ish lounge (approx 5m x 4m), with the sofa on the opposing wall (therfore not looking directly at it). I am looking to get some decent sound in there for both movies and music (main source prob spotify), and also in the other two bedrooms, but due to space restrictions / wife issues cant be anything too big! Max budget around 2k. Therefore can I ask:

Is my best bet maybe an amp with network like the new Onkyo 609 and some KEF eggs / B&W Mt-25's coupled with a pair of Sonos S5's for the other rooms? Would this work with the TV in the corner?

Is music over a 5.1 system streaming spotify significantly worse than a dedicated system? Am I better off with just two decent floorstanders?

Any help greatly appreciated!

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I think to get the most benefit from a 5.1 system you need to think about rearranging the room to get the TV in front of and parallel to the sofa. I've just bought a Q Acoustics 2.1 system as my TV is in a corner and it's really good... Also loads of change from 2k! If you're set on spending 2k definitely try and rearrage the room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts