Help needed with new Pioneer set up!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought the BD51 blu-ray player and Sc-LX71 amp and set them up over the weekend. I'm getting great sound and vision on blu-rays (cant believe the difference!!) but, despite going through both instruction manuals several times, I cant resolve the following issues:

[*] How do I set up both pieces of equipment to make the blu-ray player do the scaling for DVDs, and the amp allow this to go straight through to the screen without interference?
[*]I plugged in my Ipod touch 2G into the front connection, but I can seem to get any sound through the speakers no matter what input button I press. Any suggestions?

Many thanks for any assistance anyone can give me.

Andy

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I have the BD51, but not the amplifier.

You can switch the video output of the player to various settings (including 1080), as per page 24 of the manual. There should be option for the amplifier, such as 'source/video direct, pure' or 'pass through'. Although if the incoming signal is already upscaled, the amplifier should not interfere with it.

This site has a link to a BD51 owners forum, and no doubt the LX71 will be on there too!

A

Anonymous

For question 2, is your ipod set to the latest software? Apparently this is important page 72. Alternatively do you have a friend with an ipod that you can try maybe a nano.
As for the first question, if the player is upscaling then the receiver will just pass through.

A

Anonymous

Hi Athens Andy,

I've got the SC-LX71 and BDP-LX71 (virtually the same as 51). Have a look at p96 of your amplifier's instruction manual ("Setting Video Options"). It explains how to set the amp's resolution to PURE, which is what I think you need (see quote from smallprint below).

When PURE is selected, the signals are output with the same

resolution as when input (At this time, video signals are only output

from the same type of terminals to which they were input).

ElectroMan has already refrred you to p24 of the 51's instruction manual, which explains how to set the player's output usingthe "Output Resolution" button on your remote, and then the up and down arrows (see copy below)

Use the procedure below to switch the output video resolution from

the various video output terminals.

? Press OUTPUT RESOLUTION.

The current output video resolution is displayed on the TV screen

and on the player's front panel display.

When pressed again, the output video resolution switches.

The output video resolution can also be switched using ?/?.

The output video resolution can also be switched by pressing

RESOLUTION
on the player's front panel.

The output video resolution can also be switched by selecting

Output Video Resolution
from the TOOLS menu.

As far as I know, this should work. Good luck!

(where you see squares above, imagine up and down arrows - they didn't come out after I'd pasted from the manual).

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all of you for your help. I'll try what you've suggested and let you know if I'm successful.

Regards

Andy

A

Anonymous

Just a quick update. I've now sorted the upscaling issue, so thanks for the help with that. Ipod still doesnt work, so I called Pioneer today and apparently a firmware update is needed to make this happen. The bad news is that this has to be done by a Pioneer technician apparently, either at one of their service centres or by having a technician call and visit. The even worse news is that this service doesnt appear to be available in Greece, so not much I can do (unless anyone has any other smart suggestions....)

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts